Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

New Warning after 1st service

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Motorhead1977 
#1 ·
So now every time I turn they key I get a message with a wrench icon saying that the next major service is due at 6550 miles. The service guy said it was put on there as just a constant reminder and isn't any type of problem. Anyone else get this from their dealerships?

#3 ·
Yeah mine counts back to the next service also, probably every other scrambler. I normaly don't care about stuff like that but that feature is so pointless that it's annoying me. I don't wanna see that all the time.
9900 km until next service, oh thank you good to know. 1 hour later, key on once again, still 9900 km until service. Oh thanks again I almost forgot. Next day, 9800 km until next service, what a surprise. The day after, 9700 km until next service. OH WOW, I KNOW THANK YOU. The countdown could start at the last 1000 or 2000 km's. Who needs to be reminded hundreds of times in an 11.000 km riding period. This is my first Ducati and I really loved the bike but there are just 'too many' stupid details. Some of them are more important. Like the front mudguard is spraying all the muddy water to the front and the headlight catches it. I ride only in the city and I have to clean the headlight from all the mud every time I ride in the rain. How can you build a bike this good and fail that badly on a simple mudguard.

#8 ·
Truthfully, I wish all bikes would just keep the last display setting you had them on when it comes to these single-line variable displays (odometer, outside temp, trip meter 1, trip meter 2, etc).

If I like to see the temperature, then stop showing me the **** odometer every time I turn the bike on! All this constant reminder of mileage (including how much until service) annoys me and the first thing I usually do after firing up the bike (every bike I have owned) is just to thumb over to something more interesting...usually outside temperature.

I've had cars that remember the last display setting and can say that it's nice to not have to always be reminded of mileage.

Reactions: MotoChief
#10 ·
Wow, guess I am of a different mind. I don't feel annoyed about or really mind the miles to service display and sort of appreciate the reminder, although IMHO 7500 miles between oil changes on an air/oil cooled engine is really pushing the bounds of oil life. I will have performed at least 2 (not including the 600 Mi service) before I reach 7500 miles. I use the same oil change interval on my water cooled bikes as well and have never had any engine issues in the over 45 years I've owned and ridden bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.