Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the mods begin....

So i am looking at replacing a few things, and the bars will be one of those things. I've search this forum and was able to find that the FT bars would work for my bike with minimal modifications. My question is, are there any other options out that that would get me a little lower than the FT bars but not quite as low as the cafe racer? Are the FT bars my best options for plug and play? I know Renthal and Rizmo makes bars, should I look into that as well? I'm not terribly finicky but would like to have something a little bit lower than the stock Icon bars.

On to the seat, while the icon seats isnt uncomfy, I would like to pick up something that fits my ass a little more. Can anyone tell me if the enduro or classic fits the bill or would I have to go with an aftermarket like mustang?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
You can go with any 7/8" bar. Here's a handy chart comparing specs:

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/Handlebar-Measurements

The factory bars are drilled for the locator nubbins inside the switch housings; some folks drill holes in their new bars, or you can simply cut the nubbins off with a pocket knife and do without them. Use a round of electrical tape on the bar if the housing doesn't bolt up tight enough to suit.

As for the seats, I'm not sure any of the factory offerings provide much in the way of comfort. Money-wise, the Seat Concepts kit is an excellent value, in my opinion.

Sarah

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Sarah,

I think im leaning towards the FT bars, it appears to be the perfect balance of not being to high nor too low.
As for the seat, it sounds like I may have to bite the bullet and go for the mustang vice enduro seat. I've seen the enduro's selling for 150 used.
I will look into the seat concept kit

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys, QQ I just picked up what i think are the full throttle bars, slightly lower than the oem icon. can i reuse the triple clamp/tree or do i need to replace with that the bars came with? wish the clamps were black like the bars.

thanks again

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
If you have the FT bars they will be obviously fat in the middle, and will require the FT clamps to fit.

Sarah

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, install went well... still playing with the levers and handlebar positions. I think I over torqued the clutch lever and may have striped it. :( removed those bunny ears and now looking for bar-end mirrors. Is there anyway to shorted the cables?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
since I may have stripped one of the threads on the clutch lever, do you guys think I can go slightly larger in bolt size and gently torque? I really don't want to spend money on a stock clutch assembly... :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts