Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was lucky enough to have my Icon delivered in Laverda Jota Orange at my request, with the intention of adding further vinyl graphics to give a more flattrack look (along with alternative 'bars etc)

After some experimentation, I've come up with the following. The great thing is that I have avoided any further modification to the stock tank panels / badges, and everything can be removed / further modded as I please, Total cost so-far - £25! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
how did you manage to get Laverda Jota Orange - I wonder?
I even had a hard time to persuade the useless & unwilling shop assistant that the Icon also comes in Ducati Red, duh!!! Thankfully I managed to bypass incompetence via emails to shop owner directly .... but Laverda Jota Orange .... my missus would'ave jumped at that option in a nano second!
Good choice!
:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Flattrack

I really like your bike, it's my current screensaver.

The orange and the scorpion can really change the look.

Very nice

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how did you manage to get Laverda Jota Orange - I wonder? QUOTE]

Hi Hunstman, I got luck with the colour when my original order for a red Icon got delayed. The dealer offered me a yellow Icon from stock, but I just didn't like the colour. He then offered to have it sprayed up in what ever (flat) colour I wanted.

For me, orange is just spot-on for a more flattrack look, and I'm just so pleased at how it all turned out...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Flattrack

I really like your bike, it's my current screensaver.

The orange and the scorpion can really change the look.

Very nice
Thanks timbo, unsurprisingly, it's my screensaver too! This is one of the best bikes I've owned in over 35 years of riding and I just cant get enough of it's spot-on style, performance and above all, FUN!:D

·
Registered
177 Posts
The orange and graphics looks great together!
Francesco's subtle hint of the number 11 looks great too! Way better than the number plate stuck on the new flat track Pro.

·
Registered
261 Posts
how did you manage to get Laverda Jota Orange - I wonder? QUOTE]

Hi Hunstman, I got luck with the colour when my original order for a red Icon got delayed. The dealer offered me a yellow Icon from stock, but I just didn't like the colour. He then offered to have it sprayed up in what ever (flat) colour I wanted.

For me, orange is just spot-on for a more flattrack look, and I'm just so pleased at how it all turned out...

Great color!! I love it. Was it traditionally painted, vinyl wrapped or plastidipped.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great color!! I love it. Was it traditionally painted, vinyl wrapped or plastidipped.
Thanks motojedeye, I was a little sceptical when the dealer offered to have it painted - didn't want some numpty giving it a quick once-over, however, my worries were misplaced - they outsourced it to a high-end classic car resto outfit (Jags / Ferrari's etc) who did an absolutely perfect, traditional, back to the metal job. Fabulous!

(of course, now it looks like a 400....):eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts