Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm located in a small town in Kansas northeast of Wichita. I drive my 2018 Desert Sled mostly on sand/gravel country roads. One of our treks on a Saturday took us up and around and back home over some 200 plus miles of roads. It was exhausting as at that time I was driving a DR650. That really drove me to get a bigger more comfortable bike, the Sled. I have added some additional items and currently have been waiting around 2 months for a DQ high mount exhaust to come. I think I might receive it this week so I went ahead and started the stock pipe removal. This forced me into the dreaded battery box removal of which I am still wrestling with.

While I was close to the cam belts I went ahead and opened up the covers and found mine where loose I thought. Anyway I would think they should have had less flex/play in them so I went ahead and tightened the followers. Nothing crazy but just a little tighter than before, my bike currently has around 4.2k miles on it. I have went ahead and replaced the stock air cleaner with a K&N unit, that wasn't as easy as I thought it should be either. And with the last bolt to be removed on the exhaust I'll say that Ducati could have done a much better job at their design to allow for these type of modifications. I always say that Ford had a stupid idea most of the time when I work on their products but I think Ducati has them beat.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts