Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, you have read it correctly, my ass is sore. First a little history: 50 years old, have been riding for 40 of those years. Very experienced. Have had dozens of different motorcycles, currently ride a Ducati Streetfighter S with my new Scrambler Full throttle.

If I'm lucky, I can get 60 minutes before it feels like I have been drilled in the rear end. Let me clarify, I have no real experience of getting drilled in the rear end, just imagine that this is what it feels like. Have 200 miles on stock seat. Have 200 miles on Ducati Comfort seat. Comfort seat sucks a little less then original seat. Have zero comfort problems on my Streetfighter and have had no issues on any of my previous rides. This is quickly becoming a deal breaker.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

· Premium Member
99 Posts
I have found my seat is getting more comfortable as the mileage increases. But in the meantime you can try bicycling shorts under your riding pants as they have a padded chamois built into the crotch which can help tremendously.

· Registered
1,047 Posts
Just a few ideas: Seat Concepts has promised a kit will be available ASAP, so expect it any day now. Excellent bang for the buck in my experience. Do you have any local upholsterers who'll work on a motorcycle seat? A local guy worked wonders on a Sportster seat I had some time back, and only charged $40. Since you have a spare you might think about sending one of the seats to Mr. Ed's Moto; one of the Scrambler owners had excellent results going that route. Some folks swear by the Airhawk, they'll let you return it if you don't like it; I've got a buddy who swaps his from bike to bike and won't leave the house without it. Good luck, not much worse than a miserable butt.

Sarah

Seat Concepts
Mr. Ed's Moto Custom Seats Mr. Ed's Moto / Premier Motogear of Oregon Albany, OR (541) 926-2107
AIRHAWK | Latest News in AIRHAWK Comfort Seating System

· Registered
130 Posts
I'm looking at a reshape in about 2 weeks (when i get paid)
I've been to see the guy, he's been doing it a long time and had a good hour long chat about what he could do.
Not cheap at $300, but reshaped and recovered while you wait.
Cheaper than the comfort seat (in Australia anyway) and form all reports it's not so comfortable anyway.

I'll update if/when i get it done.

· Registered
72 Posts
For me changing the bars solved the comfort issue. I've gone to quite low bars, meaning my weight is more forward, and much more weight is on my legs and knees gripping the tank.

Next step is to replace the rear shock for better handling and comfort on rough roads. The seat isn't the problem, merely a symptom of other issues with the bike.

· Registered
644 Posts
getting mine at corbin, currently. had friends whove had their's done there. awesome work! if you have the means, I highly recommend it. plan 400-500 bux minimum though.

· Registered
181 Posts
... currently ride a Ducati Streetfighter S with my new Scrambler Full throttle.
Congrats! I have the same combination,SF-S plus FT(plus Bevel...)
My DP Racing Seat for the SFS is more comfortable,than the FT seat.
Dont know why....

· Registered
311 Posts
You certainly aren't the only one, if you read the many posts about the suspension! It's the one area that the Scrambler is really lacking. I couldn't bear mine and had the shock replaced, it's the best mod I've done apart from making the seat more comfortable :D

· Registered
60 Posts
if you want to try a quick fix, try on a road bicycle shorts with inner padding (they even have comfy gel filled pads) on your next ride (you don't need underware briefs). i'd bet that you will notice a big difference in comfort! AND the shorts even help with any noticeable excess heat from the engine.

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.