Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all! New here!

Just wondering, how are you guys finding the seat after a few weeks/months? Is it comfortable?

I just got a full throttle and I am not really in love with the seat. One thing that worries me is the additional heat without the factory side panel. And here in Sydney with 32 degrees the bike gets really hot when not moving. How is it?

Cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi all! New here!

Just wondering, how are you guys finding the seat after a few weeks/months? Is it comfortable?

I just got a full throttle and I am not really in love with the seat. One thing that worries me is the additional heat without the factory side panel. And here in Sydney with 32 degrees the bike gets really hot when not moving. How is it?

Cheers

It's great. And I'm in Brisbane. Where it actually gets hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the seat from Mugello more than a month ago, finding time to post only now.
I also purchased side panels that they sell of a company called Motoplay + many other stuff.
Guess Nui and Nit are a bit overwhelmed by orders this explains the patchy responses and the delay. I went personally and it helped.

• So far the comfort has increased compared to the stock seat but is not one of those 1000 miles seat for sure, guess we all know that by now. It pressurizes different points compared to the normal pan and pushes more on the butt than on the thighs, plus is slightly lower.
  • The bump that was there right behind my holy bone is gone and the padding is more soft.
  • The horizontal width for the pillion has increased a bit.
  • Quality of the rexine is not the top but is absolutely acceptable.
  • Important note! when is raining the water goes inside through the stitches and the sponge underneath tends to absorb it, so be prepared for a wet underwear.
  • I also asked them to put reflective aluminum tape at the bottom to reduce the heat transfer above, this came to be a good idea.
  • Pls be aware that with this "flat" pan" shown in picture the elastic strap disappear at the bottom and the capacity of the tray beneath is significantly reduced.
  • In the second picture you can find out the differences from the original one applied on my seat.
  • I also managed to put my name and the Italian flag (am Italian pls excuse) on it in between the rider and the pillion position. It looks GREAT but needs care since parts of it are white (made of embroidered tread as the ducati logo at the back).
  • As seen in the forum they can also do a customized pan but for that i guess your butt need to be physically there ;)
The overall rate is 4 out of 5 + a smile on your face everytime you go around.

Pls excuse the crappy picture of my bike, many more available on my insta account : tropy73

cheers.
Max
Hi Max

Thanks for all the details, seat looks great.

Im really wondering about the water/rain getting into the seat.

Have you found this to be a major issue, i live in a pretty wet climate, so am being cautious about purchasing the mugello seta option.

Any info from riders with mugello seats would be appreciated

81 - 89 of 89 Posts