Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks...is it possible to have the seat made without the yellow highlight?

How much was yours?
Anything is possible.
You make the design, Mugello takes care of the rest.
Form, colour, stitching pattern and colour, width, height, lettering.
Check out their facebook page. Many sample seats.

I had my seat reworked and it was 6.500.-THB. About 200.-USD.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Very nice Ichitz.

Would you please post some pics of different angles, after its mounted on the bike?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Btw, is the seat height unchanged?

Also, how is the comfort?
I got the seat from Mugello more than a month ago, finding time to post only now.
I also purchased side panels that they sell of a company called Motoplay + many other stuff.
Guess Nui and Nit are a bit overwhelmed by orders this explains the patchy responses and the delay. I went personally and it helped.

- So far the comfort has increased compared to the stock seat but is not one of those 1000 miles seat for sure, guess we all know that by now. It pressurizes different points compared to the normal pan and pushes more on the butt than on the thighs, plus is slightly lower.
- The bump that was there right behind my holy bone is gone and the padding is more soft.
- The horizontal width for the pillion has increased a bit.
- Quality of the rexine is not the top but is absolutely acceptable.
- Important note! when is raining the water goes inside through the stitches and the sponge underneath tends to absorb it, so be prepared for a wet underwear.
- I also asked them to put reflective aluminum tape at the bottom to reduce the heat transfer above, this came to be a good idea.
- Pls be aware that with this "flat" pan" shown in picture the elastic strap disappear at the bottom and the capacity of the tray beneath is significantly reduced.
- In the second picture you can find out the differences from the original one applied on my seat.
- I also managed to put my name and the Italian flag (am Italian pls excuse) on it in between the rider and the pillion position. It looks GREAT but needs care since parts of it are white (made of embroidered tread as the ducati logo at the back).
- As seen in the forum they can also do a customized pan but for that i guess your butt need to be physically there ;)

The overall rate is 4 out of 5 + a smile on your face everytime you go around.

Pls excuse the crappy picture of my bike, many more available on my insta account : tropy73

cheers.
Max

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've ordered pretty much the same seat, side panels and headlight guard so as soon as I have them in the UK and fitted I'll post a few pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
- Important note! when is raining the water goes inside through the stitches and the sponge underneath tends to absorb it, so be prepared for a wet underwear.
That's actually pretty disheartening considering that the seat costs two thirds of a monthly salary in Thailand and the material is not really expensive.
You can get a much cheaper seat without such a problem for around a fourth of the cost, albeit not as nicely looking.

In other words: if you pay premium you should get premium quality. Wonder if the "fat" seats have the same issue. Over time the water will destroy the foam inside the seat, even if it's just water from cleaning the bike.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Very helpful write-up and pics Tropy, thank you.

Did you replace the side panels because the Mugello seat is significantly thinner than the original? Will it look strange (big gaps between seat and bike, etc), if the original panels are kept when using the Mugello seat?

Also, is the frame of the seat included in the Mugello seat, or did you need to supply the original seat to Mugello to recycle the frame?

Tx

·
Registered
55 Posts
I will be in Thailand next week and I'm hoping to go to Mugello to actually see their products and get some stuff for my bike. If any body has any thing for me to tell them or if you want pics of any specific things let me know and I'll try to do it.
I hope the shop is not in a very shady part of Bangkok :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hello
Did you replace the side panels because the Mugello seat is significantly thinner than the original? Will it look strange (big gaps between seat and bike, etc), if the original panels are kept when using the Mugello seat?
As the Mugello seat seems to have a flat base, when the OEM side panels are curved to fit the curved base of the OEM seat, I would say that just the Mugello seat without different side panes would look strange.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I will be in Thailand next week and I'm hoping to go to Mugello to actually see their products and get some stuff for my bike. If any body has any thing for me to tell them or if you want pics of any specific things let me know and I'll try to do it.
I hope the shop is not in a very shady part of Bangkok :)
It's not shady, but it's quite a distance from downtown. Just so u are prepared.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's actually pretty disheartening considering that the seat costs two thirds of a monthly salary in Thailand and the material is not really expensive.
You can get a much cheaper seat without such a problem for around a fourth of the cost, albeit not as nicely looking.

In other words: if you pay premium you should get premium quality. Wonder if the "fat" seats have the same issue. Over time the water will destroy the foam inside the seat, even if it's just water from cleaning the bike.
I agree but to a certain extent. I still think the seat is well worth his money.
I think this is the case of 90% of the custom seats out there that have decorative or structural stitches. Not to mention the custom seat in real leather.

For the rest let me elaborate a bit. I actually experienced the water in the seat after a bike wash at the petrol pump, not during actual rain. I presume that, unless is torrential rain, the fact that you are running and "shielding" the pillion part of the seat helps somehow and prevents the water seeping inside. If the bike is left under the rain then is another story.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Very helpful write-up and pics Tropy, thank you.

Also, is the frame of the seat included in the Mugello seat, or did you need to supply the original seat to Mugello to recycle the frame?

Tx
The seat is a standalone item and the panels are a separate purchase.
The bike, to my eyes, looks aweful with the thin seat of Mugello and the stock panels. The gap in between is too much.

IMPORTANT
forgot to mention that these new panels have a different way of dissipating the heat coming from the second cylinder. the fact that they are fully perforated actually increases the heat under your tights when bike is on in idle condition, as compared to the stock one that channelize the heat towards the rear wheel.
In motion obviously no problem.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm back with photos! Here are some comparison shots of the FT seat with the Mugello seat.

And mounted.

Close up of stitching.

Haven't got a chance to ride it yet, only sat on it for a few minutes in the garage. It's slimmer than the FT seat and the seat height is lowered. Will report back again after I get some proper rides in.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts