Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have almost 1,100 miles. My low fuel indicator comes on like clockwork at 117-119 miles for combination city/hwy driving. I usually add 2.6-2.7 gallons. This is about 43-45 mpg.

·
Registered
41 Posts
For what it's worth I have consistently got 50-55mpg imperial, which is roughly 45-50mpg US. (But fuel here is GBP1.15 per litre, which is about USD 8.00 per gallon...)
But by any measure 30 mpg seems poor I think!
Jonny

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
For what it's worth I have consistently got 50-55mpg imperial, which is roughly 45-50mpg US. (But fuel here is GBP1.15 per litre, which is about USD 8.00 per gallon...)
But by any measure 30 mpg seems poor I think!
Jonny
Crap, Jonny. $8 is no joke. I'll stop complaining now.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just an update. Rode about 200 miles last weekend and averaged a little over 50 mpg riding 2 up and at speeds not exceeding 65 mph. Have almost 1,000 miles on the bike since plating it on May 1st.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Mine just came on this morning @ 94 miles, which I felt was a little soon. In the 94 miles I've ridden, I've found that there's no going slow on this bike. It seems like the bike just wants to inject a lot of fuel in first gear, witch makes it really twitchy and a little difficult to control when below 10mph. Hopefully, the rumors are correct and a reflash is in the works.
from what I understood from an earlier post, the reflash has come and gone...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
What kind of roads and traffic are you guys usually riding in? I'm riding in LA traffic with lots of stop lights so I know that will have some affect on my mileage but it's hard to believe it would be 15-17 mpg worth of difference.

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
I'm mostly riding around my town which is not stop and go, but my average speed is probably under 25mph when factoring in sitting around and whatnot. On my 2nd tank of fuel I got 45mpg again.

250 miles now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can I ask what level you guys are filling up from and how far into the reserve you are going to be able to gauge your consumption.

I haven't had chance to gauge mine yet as im breaking it in hard and im going thru fuel like nobodys business.

I'm feeling like the engine is getting a lot tighter after 450 kms and im loving it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Can I ask what level you guys are filling up from and how far into the reserve you are going to be able to gauge your consumption.

I haven't had chance to gauge mine yet as im breaking it in hard and im going thru fuel like nobodys business.

I'm feeling like the engine is getting a lot tighter after 450 kms and im loving it.
I'm usually filling up shortly after my reserve light comes on. So it usually takes about 2.6 gallons or so. Filling it to just below the neck of the nozzle. It's hard to see because the nozzle opening is so small so I'll use a pocket flashlight sometimes to make sure I don't overfill.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I don't know if this'll help anyone but I used to reason with my wife that the bike gets way better gas mileage than any car. Which was a good reason to buy it. Bologne! I never really counted on it or even thought about the gas consumption. I was getting it for the enjoyment of it, so that I'd have a cool ass bike. Consumption be damned!Don't know if this'll help folks say, ahhhhhh....wtf! It sure helped me when I got my Triumph tiger 800xc and added all of this weight in gear. Gear that I never needed or used!Off-roaded it one time. ONE TIME! It was another wtf moment...but not a wtf question. SO have fun!

·
Registered
40 Posts
New Termi pipe and remap, 500 miles on the clock …… light came on @ 134 miles. Nothing over 6000 rpms but not babied either. Lot's of mountain riding. Thing just sounds bitchin! Pre pipe photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Just refilled again around 400 miles total on the bike. 37 mpg. Still super low.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Just got back from my first service. $287 later. At least I got to sip an espresso while sitting next to a Bentley while they worked...
As I suspected they couldn't find anything wrong with the bike that would lead to low MPGs. Said it wasn't running too rich or lean and that the temp sensor was working correctly. As of my last tank I was getting 39mpg (US) and I have just over 700 miles on the bike. That's with about half LA traffic and half freeway. They did say they reset the "adaptive parameters to relearn environment" so they said this tank may give weird numbers but the ECU should be settled again by the next tank. I asked about a remap for the fueling and they said there may be a new one but that it would have uploaded automatically when they plugged the bike it. They don't get a notice when a new version comes out.

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
Just checking in.. 43mpg the last tank. My riding is a lot of ripping around, and then creeping around and parking to go check stuff out.

So 43 doesn't seem bad to me. My lowly TW200 used to get 80+ mpg doing the same thing though :) I'll give up the fuel savings for the more than 5x horsepower increase.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just checking in.. 43mpg the last tank. My riding is a lot of ripping around, and then creeping around and parking to go check stuff out.

So 43 doesn't seem bad to me. My lowly TW200 used to get 80+ mpg doing the same thing though :) I'll give up the fuel savings for the more than 5x horsepower increase.
I think mileage in the 40's is reasonable if you ride the bike in a way that puts a smile on your face, and I've twisted the throttle enough to have a bit of that :) But for now I've just been riding easy other than broadening the stress on the motor as I rack up miles. I have under 700 miles and have managed about 54 mpg the past few tanks. My riding conditions in AZ are favorable to good fuel economy and I tend to hypermile when I'm not putting that smile on my face ;)

41 - 60 of 93 Posts