Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello People.

I was starting to look for options to mount luggage racks and bags on my Yellow Icon.
Do any of you good folks have any experience with purchasing options or fabrication for the same?
I've seen some nice options at the UK Stores for tail bags and a great option of a Givi rack mount and bags, but they don't ship to India!

So yeah, do write in if any of you have had any luggage options fitted on your scramblers!

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Legend Gear

Hello People.

I was starting to look for options to mount luggage racks and bags on my Yellow Icon.
Do any of you good folks have any experience with purchasing options or fabrication for the same?
I've seen some nice options at the UK Stores for tail bags and a great option of a Givi rack mount and bags, but they don't ship to India!

So yeah, do write in if any of you have had any luggage options fitted on your scramblers!

Cheers
You should have a look at these
Legend-Gear by SW-Motech Germany - Legend Gear by SW-MOTECH Germany
They look nice and come out next year...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folks for sharing the links and the info.
Unfortunately Mototech, which looks like s great option is kind of overpriced out here in India.
Planning to go with Komine semi regid saddle bags.
Shall update after trying them on longish rides. My only concern being the exhaust outlet over heating the right bag, but I've been told by fellow riders that it's not an issue.
Cheers and happy riding.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Unfortunately Mototech, which looks like s great option is kind of overpriced out here in India.
Viper did you get in touch with Sean of Big Bad Bikes? I bought SW Motech gear for my Scrambler from him at pretty much the same prices as in European outlets.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello People.

Cheers
I use the Kriega US70 on my Scrambler and love it. And it's easy to fit. take the seat off, attach the 4 anchor straps, put the seat back on, then attache how ever many you need. and i find i can fit ample kit in them. I spent 8 days riding around Australia with these and had more than enough space.

UScombo70 DryBag - Kriega

·
Registered
350 Posts
I use the Kriega US70 on my Scrambler and love it. And it's easy to fit. take the seat off, attach the 4 anchor straps, put the seat back on, then attache how ever many you need. and i find i can fit ample kit in them. I spent 8 days riding around Australia with these and had more than enough space.

UScombo70 DryBag - Kriega
You did that on a scrambler? Trip report please!

·
Registered
473 Posts
yes, as far as I understand, Touratech and Ducati have joined a partnership,

in Milan during Eicma, I saw a Scrambler in theri stand and it was fitted with:

engine guard (understood is produced for Ducati, see scrambler web page for accessories)
gear shift pedal (as above)
handguards
footpegs
fuel tank crash bars
fork guard
rear brake fluid guard
chain guard
headlamp grill

see the signature on the gear lever

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The dry bags might be a fuss free option!

Viper did you get in touch with Sean of Big Bad Bikes? I bought SW Motech gear for my Scrambler from him at pretty much the same prices as in European outlets.
Sorry for the late reply mate.
I purchased a semi rigid saddle bag from Komine (Jap) but I'm not too happy with the way they come on.
I checked big bad bikes at your suggestion and quite like the SW Mototech Dry bag. They seem far more fuss free than saddle bags, the only thing being, its solo riding thereafter!:|
Thanks again everyone for your suggestions.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.