Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mostly use my bike for weekend rides and commuting + some occasional rides with my wife. We are thinking of trying few longer rides (300mi one way) with some light luggage. Has anyone ever tried this? I know that this bike is not the best option for longer rides for two people but I may eventually more onto a more comfortable option is she likes it.

What options are best suited for two-up riding + a bag for weekend clothes?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have givi's solution on mine. My gf fits fine on the back with the givis set. It's not loads of equipment or things, and she would probably have to add a ruggsack for additional stuff (especially if we need to camp). But I have no problem at all (in fact the givi solution provides your partner a second way to hold on to, unless tired of holding on to you, or even worse the suicide bars on the scrambler)

300 miles, just make sure to take breaks every now and again and you should be fine :)

Note: I'm 178 cm, medium build and she is probably around 158/160cm and quite skinny. Not sure how things would work if you two are both a bit more heavy set though.

note2: i've probabyl done more than 1000 miles two up, and more than half of those with the bags.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have givi's solution on mine. My gf fits fine on the back with the givis set. It's not loads of equipment or things, and she would probably have to add a ruggsack for additional stuff (especially if we need to camp). But I have no problem at all (in fact the givi solution provides your partner a second way to hold on to, unless tired of holding on to you, or even worse the suicide bars on the scrambler)
Thanks for the response. Which case + rack do you use from Givi?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts