Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Any update Jonnyk8? Are they telling you anything at all?

Sarah
It's still with the dealer Sarah and has been for over a month. They couldn't find the problem so are replacing the whole wiring loom but it seems to take an age to order and recieve anything from ducati in Italy ! I left it in and told them it needed sorted for a bike trip to Scotland, two weeks later they told me it wasn't fixed and said they couldn't help me out with another bike. I ended up borrowing a friends super duke 990 which the back break seized on while riding and put me in a ditch with a few broken bones! I'm so pissed of at how it's been handled and to top things of my local dealer wants £190 for a first service. Gangsters. This my first and last dealing with ducati which is a shame as I love the bike!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, I am having the same problem. The instrument panel fuse (10Amp) is blowing up each time I turn ignition key on. I removed the instrument panel to check if it would blow up without it and it is. It seems like the electric loom is shorted somewhere. This kind of problems are very difficult to solve and I don't know if my local dealer is knowledgeable enough. Guess I will find out the hard way.
@Jonnyk8 Did your problem get solved?

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I had this issue with a bike before and I ended up stripping the bike down to the wiring harness in an effort to correct the situation. I found the actual source of the problem which was a short between a couple of wires located under the fuel tank. It was evident by some discoloration and deformation of the wires insulation, melting from the short. I had enough wire length that I was able to cut out the bad sections and solder and properly insulate the wires. Never blew another fuse after the fix. Bikes are mass produced and anything is possible during assembly. All it takes is a pinch in the wiring to create a gremlin like this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is frustrating!!!
I removed the tail fender and replaced with the RG Tail Tidy. (Looks great BTW.) Tested it and the lights and bike worked fine. A few days later the instruments failed to light as well as the headlight or tail light! The bike did make the electric noises it usually does with the key turned on but it would not start. I turned the key to the parking light position and heard a 'pop'.

I pulled the fuses and found the 10AMP instrument fuse blown. I replaced but still no joy. I double checked the tag light wiring and its solid.

Battery is plugged in to charger every night and no signed of damage.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
599 Posts
You shorted a wire when you fitted the tail tidy. Look for some wiring that got pinched.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello.I have my bike for over 4 years now...its my first bike and i love riding it....two days ago while i was for a ride suddenly the screen went dead...so i stoped and i closed the switch...from that time..i have the same problem with Jonnyk8 . I dont know what to do...if Jonnyk8 has some update of what caused it,i would be grateful....Every time i put the 10amp fuse...instanlly is blown.The first time i changed it,the bike worked well for 3 test runs....of the ignition and the screen was alive...but as soon as i tried to ride it...the fuse was blown..and i think i smelled something burned.Its been blowing fuses ever since. Any ideas; Also some photos would be very gratefull...of where the problem might be. Thanks in Advance!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts