Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

License plate holder

33K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  chinstrap 
#1 ·
I bought this upper license plate holder and just after i fixed it to the bike i noticed it looks stupid because the FT has no rear fender :-(

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Thanks for the Pics.
I wanted to buy this plate holder also.
I have found on a german Website,that,if you use this holder on FullThrottle,
you also need a rear fender.
Here is the Ducati Part Numner of this black fender:

97180301A

unfortunately,this fender is at the moment not available in Germany.
Best Regards

#11 ·
Hi idaka,
I demounted the rear Fender from my Icon. So 2 things are coming up:
1. The FT seat seems (?) to be shorter than Icon seat. On the Icon the seat is covering the rear Frame, e.g. you can not see the black, bended tubes. And there is a inner Fender, as Long as the outer (painted) Fender. I had to cut this inner Fender while detaching the outer Fender.
2. I have a yellow Fender and no use for it. If somebody has something to exchange......

feel free to contact me....

#20 ·
Finally i got both parts,here are a few pics:

Attachments

#30 ·
Yes,unfortunately it is not on the official Website of Ducati-Accessories for Scrambler.
(I think,this page is not really good,not complete,no prices,etc.)
But your dealer sees another Website, which is not public,
there you can see it.
Cheers!

#34 ·
I made a tail tidy for my U/E, but only because I was putting Givi's trk33 panniers on their PL7407 mounts. These mounts require you to relocate your turn signals down to either side of the stock license plate holder…which I didn't like. It was much simpler to make a tail tidy, moving the license plate to just behind the rear fender, (if you can call it that), with tabs for relocating your turn signals there as well. It moves the turn signals rearward, and inward. Otherwise, they were in the way of the pannier mounts. There is extra wire already as the turn signal harness is the same as the classic, which are mounted further back. No need to add to wiring, just cut factory zip ties. I"ll ad pics later…if I can find this post again...

#35 ·
Hi, I know this is an older post, but hopefully someone can offer insight. Can I just get the fender (part # 97180301A) if I don't like the look of the ducati plate holder (part # 97380211A)? I haven't looked, but I don't know if there is enough frame to hold the fender without the plate holder... I see other plate kits that have the same mount points but I am trying to find the best way to tidy my 2016 FT. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.