Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Upon further research, makes no sense financially to buy someone else's module as the cost to unlock is the same as remapping a stock ECU.

Thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think you may be missing something here.
There is a fundamental difference between what Rexxer and Rapid Bike are offering.
With Rexxer you get a "one time" remap in your existing ECU. This remap is written to suit your particular intake and exhaust setup on one particular bike. It may be for the standard factory parts, or maybe you fitted a different exhaust and inlet filter. Rexxer will write something to optimise what you tell them you have.
But it only suits that setup and for that bikes ECU. Sell the bike and you have nothing to take with you. Change the Exhaust type or remove the baffle or cat , you may need to purchase a new map from Rexxer.
Rapid Bike sell you a "box" which has software in it to modify your fueling as you go. It interacts with the sensors on your bike and is adaptive and "learning". It will richen the mixture under acceleration but lean it off again when cruising. It will alter the settings in the map automatically if you change exhaust. It will alter the map automatically if you modify your inlet system. It does this by adapting to the new information sent by the bikes existing sensors as their signal changes dependent on the change you made to the bikes setup.
No purchase of a remap is needed for each change. It just does it as you put a few miles on the bike.
If you sell the bike you can keep the box and have it altered to fit your new bike with the purchase of a cheap wiring harness.
I´m not saying one gives better performance than the other on your bike, just that they are different approaches.
HTH.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand what the Rapid Bike EVO does but I'm not convinced it's the best option based on what I've read from owners of the unit. The Rexxer seems to be more consistent with results when compared to the Rapid Bike. I'd actually prefer buying the Rapid Bike EVO because it's cheaper and I can get it in Canada without accruing border costs/duties and the US exchange rate. I'll keep reading reviews. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
139 Posts
..ah sorry Pete, when you said "some one elses´s module" i though you meant rapid bike box as opposed to the Ducati std. ECU, I now realise you meant a second hand one. Doh!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
..ah sorry Pete, when you said "some one elses´s module" i though you meant rapid bike box as opposed to the Ducati std. ECU, I now realise you meant a second hand one. Doh!
Yeah, my bad...the Rexxer would have to be unlocked from original VIN, which makes no sense financially...the rapid bike, straight swap, no unlock needed, as long as it's a Scrambler rapid bike module :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts