Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My first post on the forum :)

I own Scrambler for 4 weeks (1650 km for now) and I really love it. It's incredibly fun bike to ride and it gives huge amount of pleasure - I think it's an essence of motorcycling :laugh:

Unfortunately, since early beginning I have a few problems with the gearbox and the clutch. Of course like all of us I had a problem with fake neutrals, but with time it becomes better and better. Actually during my last, 200 km trip I had fake neutral only once. My clutch bell is quite noisy, but I presume it is totally normal, as well as clunky 1st gear. Before I had Harley Sportster, thus clunky 1st gear in Scrambler is nothing compare to Harley.

The only think I am worry about is clutch engaging. When the bike is cold everything is fine, but once the bike is hot a problem appears. While engaging the clutch at a bit higher RPM (starting from around 3 kRPM), bike starts to roll smoothly (let's say up to 50% of the lever stroke), and than suddenly it stars to jerk really a lot. Actually it jerks so much, that sometimes front wheel loses contact with the ground. The problem exist only when starting from zero. I have a feeling that this problem comes from the clutch plates - I had this problem from the begging, but I simply thought the plates have to brake in.

Of course I checked clutch adjustment and everything seems to be fine.
Does anyone has or had similar problem?

Cheers,
Dawid

·
Registered
14 Posts
I may not understand exactly what you're describing here but for me the only time I notice the bike being jerky is when I'm rolling in first gear with no throttle and no clutch. If I pull in the clutch lever just a hair it smooths out.

ETA Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may not understand exactly what you're describing here
Ok, I will try to explain it on an example:
Driving in a city, bike already warmed up. Waiting for a green light. When the green light appears, 1st gear in and I am staring to engage the clutch (releasing the clutch lever). At the early begging when the clutch lever is not fully released (approximately up to 50% of the clutch lever stroke), everything is fine - bike stars to roll smoothly. Once the clutch lever is released in more than 50% (but not fully yet!) bike starts to jerk and it stops to jerk when the clutch lever is fully released. Jerking is quite strong.

I hope it's more clear now :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yep, like Sarah says, a trip to the dealer to at least report the problem.

Once dealer experiences the problem it would be in their best interests to replace the clutch, before the irregularity, and or, the out of alignment develops into a bigger problem.

Sounds like the clutch plates are warped.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank a lot for some ideas!
As rider said, I think clutch plates might be warped, so dealer visit is mandatory. Still, I will make it next year as season for me is over... :(

Have you ever heard about similar issue in Scrambler?

·
Registered
5 Posts
To Dawid and Irakli or anyone who has the same problem,
Jerking while engaging the clutch
Following up on an old thread I had the same exact problem which started just before warranty was over! Took the bike to dealer where I bought the bike from In Vancouver Canada ( High road Vancouver ) "mechanic" blamed the problem on my riding skill and basically they totally ignored the issue which at the time can be very dangerous especially if you carry a passenger , Bike has only 7000K on it now and problem is still there.To Dawid and Irakli or anyone with similar problem,
Have any one of you found or solved clutch problem, and can you please share ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know that its old thread but have same exact problem.
Have you solved clutch problem, and can you share ?
Following up on an old thread I had the same exact problem which started just before warranty was over! Took the bike to dealer where I bought the bike from In Vancouver Canada ( High road Vancouver ) "mechanic" blamed the problem on my riding skill and basically they totally ignored the issue which at the time can be very dangerous especially if you carry a passenger , Bike has only 7000K on it now and problem is still there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Following up on an old thread I had the same exact problem which started just before warranty was over! Took the bike to dealer where I bought the bike from In Vancouver Canada ( High road Vancouver ) "mechanic" blamed the problem on my riding skill and basically they totally ignored the issue which at the time can be very dangerous especially if you carry a passenger , Bike has only 7000K on it now and problem is still there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts