Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the specs say it is leather, but is there some sort of waterproof membrane made into the leather so water will bead off? I would imagine so.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I know the specs say it is leather, but is there some sort of waterproof membrane made into the leather so water will bead off? I would imagine so.
just notice that as well. It did say Leather Seat, what else will they change

Here what's it state on the UK site,

Classic Equipment
Spoked aluminium wheels, front and rear aluminium mudguards, vintage design seat, fuel tank with black stripe, high plate support, dedicated logo

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got an email from Pro Italia in Los Angeles with accessories available for order now, shipping March 16. They say the Classic seat is leather.

Ducati Scrambler Classic Leather Seat: 96880161A

Full list of accessories available for pre-order here:

Motorcycle Parts - Pro Italia

Cool, thanks for that...but what about the exhaust options? I've seen prices listed for the 2-2 and 2-1, but nothing for the full Termignoni high mount. Also have seen more hard type carriers from Ducati official shown but not in an accessories brochure. I'm guessing they're finalizing all the accessories and haven't gotten them all out there yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just ordered my Classic in Germany, and the Sales Guy told me its a fake Leather seat. So i guess the seat is waterproof

·
Registered
23 Posts
My Classic was under heavy (very heavy!) rain yesterday and it's perfectly fine. No water in the seat or anywhere on the bike. I can say that it's waterproof.

·
Registered
599 Posts
The classic seat IS made of leather - and it IS treated to be waterproof.

The first time you get it wet, you will see the waterproofing treatment appear as a slightly "milky" looking substance.

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
It's weird that there's a discrepancy. Is it a hybrid seat like a Corbin? The part I sit on is leather but the back and sides are black vinyl.

·
Registered
599 Posts
It's weird that there's a discrepancy. Is it a hybrid seat like a Corbin? The part I sit on is leather but the back and sides are black vinyl.
You may be on to something here...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts