Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Is it really possible to put the bike in N without the light coming on?
There have been 2 times that even tough N light wasn't on the bike would not move when I let the clutch out. It didn't feel as if I was on 2nd gear either.

I'm still rather new to changing gears on a motorcycle so I'm guessing it is me but I just wanted to make sure :)

· Registered
168 Posts
Hi guys,

Is it really possible to put the bike in N without the light coming on?
There have been 2 times that even tough N light wasn't on the bike would not move when I let the clutch out. It didn't feel as if I was on 2nd gear either.

I'm still rather new to changing gears on a motorcycle so I'm guessing it is me but I just wanted to make sure :)
You have said it yourself, you were not in gear but also not in neutral. You can be between gears if you are a bit tentative. The key is to make decisive gear shifts. Up or down doesn't matter.

Just takes a bit of getting used to.

· Registered
33 Posts
Hi,

almost every motorcycle i was riding had this problems. Some more, some less. I heard the scrambler is on the more side, nothing to concern. With powerful motorcycles riding fast or on track this problem sucks, but on smooth riding i think i would not mind. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.