Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Installing license plate "arm" on my Classic...need assist

2903 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Rippinbyu
Just purchased the fender eliminator for my Classic and also purchased a used license plate "arm" from an Icon.

Can someone with the license plate "arm" tell me if I'm missing a small bracket with two bolt holes that mounts to the bottom of the right/inner swing arm?

Thanks!
Chad

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
anybody got a pic?
The licence plate arm that is on my FT 'splits' and mounts at the top of the swingarm just above the chain tension adjuster - with 2 bolts, and the other piece goes around the chain and mounts to the 2 holes you showed in your 2nd picture. My unit is a single piece arm though (appears to be, I haven't removed it) so not sure how you could be missing a piece on the arm if it's a genuine unit.
I can't quite picture how the arm you showed would fit, is it genuine?
Maybe a different picture might help.
Sorry haven't got a pic but, as kisterco said, you are missing a steel mount that bolts to the bottom of that lug in pic 2 with 2 bolts. Pic 1 bolt then bolts to this bracket. If you can get in touch with whoever sold you the arm you might be able to get the bracket off them. It's not required once the arm is removed for a tail tidy etc.
You are missing a large adapter on the Swinger arm, why do you want to mount it on a classic? I got rid of mine and mounted the Classic mudguards because its so ugly.
You are missing a large adapter on the Swinger arm, why do you want to mount it on a classic? I got rid of mine and mounted the Classic mudguards because its so ugly.
Thanks...I personally don't like the look of the rear brushed aluminum mud guard and like the look of the license plate bracket.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.