Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, got my icon last week, already did some mods... Touratech crash bars and clutch lever, sw-motech pedals, canister removal, FT pipe, Classic wheels and seat. Wondering now about the fender, should I keep them original? Remove 1 or 2 ? Or to black stripe it to match the optional Ducati tank stripe? Testing with plasti dip! :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Agree. Black stripe on tank and rear fender. Looks much better.

I'm painting mine black and putting an Italian stripe on tank and fender as in pic (idea courtesy of Po Zhang). Excuse the juvenile "photoshop" but I have no resources or skills in that department!

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your comments and yes, a black custom seat is coming... with slip proof and waterproof material. Made for motocross! :) It'll be an inch taller too, because i'm 6'2 and it'll be perfect for my dropped sw-motech pedals and FT bar.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looking good, thanks for sharing!
Pix to follow in a bit as soon as I resize them.

I put an Urban high fender on my Icon and love the new look. With my new Sargent Solo seat, MX bars and tail light/tag piece my Icon is looking good, I think. The ABSOLUTE best mod I did was on the suspension -
I did the complete outfit from Orient - talked with Skip there - and after the install the bike is a completely new machine. It is a supple, responsive balanced suspension now and I cannot tell you how pleased I am with it compared to the crap Ducati put in the bike. Cost was in line with the other kits $1500 with kit install, but the Bullit shock a step above and the coolness factor of 11. Although it's non-adjustable, I've seen no need to have to adjust.
Second best mod was changing the front sprocket, countershaft, to a 16 tooth. Felt like I gained an extra gear and bike response all through the gears is smooth and useable now.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts