Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have a video on my youtube channel all about my Scrambler. Check it out!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never mind. You answered that 25 minutes in.
Yeah, I was a little worried about posting such a long video but I ended up saying F it! It is what it is.

I really like the look of that seat but it is not cheap. If you only want the comfort the black is just fine.

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
I have the Icon so the black looks appropriate on it. I love it. Best modification you can do to your bike over the factory setup, hands down.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice video, interesting to hear some long-ramble thoughts. Have had mine about 6 months now and don't regret the purchase at all.

Still not sure what everyone's fuss over the seat is about though. My longest ride was ~3 hours, and it's no worse than my 1979 Yamaha or the 2015 Kawasaki Concourse I rented for a 3k mile trip. They all feel about the same to me. Nothing feels good after hours and hours.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
. Nothing feels good after hours and hours.
Maybe this is the disconnect is :D . I had a Corbin seat previously on my SV 1000 S and and rode 11 hrs into Canada and didn't think about my rear at all.

Once I experienced something like that I did not want to go back to the "lets just get through it" mentality I always had with 70's and 80's bikes. Also you might be lucky in some respect because I thought the scrambler seat was quite possibly the worst stock motorcycle seat I have ever experienced ha ha.

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
If you don't mind the factory Ducati seat you would probably love the Mustang seat. I don't love the Mustang seat. It is just simply 100 times better than the factory seat for pain. I found Ducati's 'comfort seat' to be less comfortable than the factory seat for my Icon.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you don't mind the factory Ducati seat you would probably love the Mustang seat. I don't love the Mustang seat. It is just simply 100 times better than the factory seat for pain. I found Ducati's 'comfort seat' to be less comfortable than the factory seat for my Icon.
Can I ask what would make you "love" the Mustang seat?

I have a friend that is over 6ft. tall and when I let him ride my Scrambler he did not like the seat because of the more cramped seating.

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
Can I ask what would make you "love" the Mustang seat?

I have a friend that is over 6ft. tall and when I let him ride my Scrambler he did not like the seat because of the more cramped seating.
It'd be better if the seams were made in a way it didn't take on water in the rain. Also if it was made of leather like my corbin so my butt would slide around on it instead of getting locked into one spot, I'd prefer that. Just better airflow and less hot spots.

The design is about perfect for someone a bit shorter than me. I like being down in the bike as much as possible, but my legs cramp up (32" inseam) when I'm riding more than an hour now.

Oh, the elastic bands under the seat are too tight for me to get the factory tool kit under them. That's kind of an issue, but not really. I just leave the tool kit at home. The tool kit is pretty useless on the road anyway.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is a bummer. I have only rode in the rain a couple times with my seat and it didn't take on any water but maybe I was lucky. I will agree with the hot spots. It hasn't been horrible for me yet but it is a concern. Yes being short def helps the comfort! Oh, and my tool kit fits just fine ha ha

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
What are you guys using to communicate? Not that I want to talk to my friends while we're riding, but it does seem useful in the right environment.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What are you guys using to communicate? Not that I want to talk to my friends while we're riding, but it does seem useful in the right environment.
You know, I didn't think I would want to talk to anyone while riding either. Until I got the bluetooth set up. I talk about that in a video on you tube also.

I am using a Sena 20s and my friends are using the Sena smh5. The 20s is quite a bit more expensive but the sound quality and features are worth it I think. Also, I am using the Sena Prism camera and the audio integration is really slick. I had no idea it would sync up all 3 of us on that vid!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts