Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am trying to fit some Evotech crash protection bobbins to my Scrambler Icon 2016. The instruction say to remove nut from main engine spindle then slide the Evotech spindle through from the right hand side, pushing the old one out.

I've undone the nut and pushed the new spindle in half way, at which point the existing one refuses to come out any further. If I now try to push the old one back in, it will go in almost the whole way, but get stuck right at the end as it doesn't seem quite lined up with the hole. So I'm now in a position where I can't get either the new one or the old one in! :( What am I doing wrong?!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I’m having this exact same issue...I cannot remove the original spindle....it comes out about two thirds of the way and then hits a hard stop. I cannot even return it to its original fully inserted position.
Unfortunately nobody responded to original query above. Would really appreciate some guidance With what I may be doing wrong or how I can resolve.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I had the same issue. I placed a jack below the engine und put very slight pressure upward on the engine. The original spindle just came out without any problems. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I had the same issue. I placed a jack below the engine und put very slight pressure upward on the engine. The original spindle just came out without any problems. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply. This is exactly what worked for me in the end. I slept on it, and the next day tackled it again with a fresh head. A bit of jiggling using the jack and it popped right out. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts