Here is the end of the operation, replacing the spring in the left leg, now that I have received the right tool to unscrew the inner cap.
Here is the upper cap, with a specific nut under it. We hold the upper cap with a 17 mm tool and need another tool to hold the lower nut
When the upper is unscrewed and the specific nut is removed, we can then use the specific tool, which goes into the holes in the inner cap
We build a 140 mm long hose, to pump up the oil in the inner tube. This will create a 140 mm air chamber, when it is only 120 mm high originally. This will give a softer fork during compression phase.
The hose and the syringe are in place. We pump up the oil until it doesn't come up anymore. The spring must be out of the inner tube.
We put the Wilbers in place, with the narrow part upside
We put back the preload system upon the spring, under the inner cap
We put back the inner cap in the inner cap, pushing on the spring
We screw the inner cap with the specific tool
We put back the small shock washer on the preload tube
We put back the specific nut on the preload tube, screwing it as much as possible, but without blocking it
Then, we screw tightly the upper cap on the preload tube
We screw back the specific nut against the upper cap
We put back the outer tube against the upper cap and screw the upper cap. We'll finish to screw it when the fork leg will be mounted back in the tees
Here are the required tools
Then, to put back the fork legs, the wheel, brakes and mudguard :
- put each fork leg in the tees,
- screw only the lower tees, just enough to block the legs
- screw the upper caps definitively on the fork leg (torque = 5 Nm)
- screw the upper tees screws (torque = 18 Nm)
- put back the ABS captor in the right leg foot, tightening also its cable
- put back the wheel, introducing the axle on the right side, don't forget the small tube on the left side
- screw, by hand, the axle nut
- screw the 4 screws in the fork legs foot (torque = 10 Nm)
- screw the axle nut (torque =63 Nm)
- put back the brake calliper on the fork leg and screw it (torque = 45 Nm)
- screw the lower tees screws (torque = 18 Nm)
- put back the mudguard on the fork legs and screw the 4 screws which hold it on the fork legs
- tighten the brake lever to apply back the brake pads on the disk
Here it is !!!