Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Yesterday when I shifted to the second gear, the high beam indicator turned on (I couldn't really tell if it was on or not because it was a very sunny day) and then it started blinking. The car in front of me pulls over, maybe a coincidence, I don't know. Today it happened again when I shifted to the fifth gear. Also the fuel indicator turned on and off. Is this something that I can solve or do I have to take it to the dealer?

Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah that's a safety issue. I would check the fuses. (Small black box beside battery under seat). And take it to dealer to check over. My 600 mile service is due very soon and i will be asking them to check the electrics after mine has had issues.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's a safety issue. I would check the fuses. (Small black box beside battery under seat). And take it to dealer to check over. My 600 mile service is due very soon and i will be asking them to check the electrics after mine has had issues.
By safety issue you mean I shouldn't ride it? or can I still take her home today?

·
Registered
108 Posts
You know, as more bikes get out there and the little odd stuff appears, the fact that my dealer (when the Classic arrives) will be over 350 kilometers away makes my plan to make the "take delivery" process a two day event more reasonable. I am going to take delivery around noon and ride it for the afternoon, give it back to the dealer for adjustments/repairs and then take off for the 350 kilometers home Day 2. We have a certified Ducati guy in San Miguel who can do the valve check at 1000 km, or I would need to turn around and ride it back to Guadalajara pretty much right after arriving. :eek:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have been hitting the switch by accident. Yesterday I tried to lossen the bracket and rotate it forward a bit to prevent the high beam switch from getting hit. When I tried to tighten the screws the two bracket halves wouldn't close. There was a gap. I took it completely apart to see what I was doing wrong and discovered that the one of the bracket halves has a plastic tit that fits into a drilled hole in the handlebars. Thus you can't change the position without filling off the tit.

Did anyone who changed the bars have this problem?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I've always just filed those off and planned to use a bit of a shim if needed, but never had the switch housing slip. I don't have a Scrambler, but figured it'd work the same way...??

Sarah

·
Registered
379 Posts
'lut
I took it completely apart to see what I was doing wrong and discovered that the one of the bracket halves has a plastic tit that fits into a drilled hole in the handlebars. Thus you can't change the position without filling off the tit.

If you fill off the tit, the only problem you may discover is that the bracket will turn around the bar when you push on some buttons. It depends if the bracket halves are strictly tightened to the bar or not. If they are not really tightened to the bar, you may achieve this by putting some tape around the bar, before closing again the bracket halves.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have been hitting the switch by accident. Yesterday I tried to lossen the bracket and rotate it forward a bit to prevent the high beam switch from getting hit. When I tried to tighten the screws the two bracket halves wouldn't close. There was a gap. I took it completely apart to see what I was doing wrong and discovered that the one of the bracket halves has a plastic tit that fits into a drilled hole in the handlebars. Thus you can't change the position without filling off the tit.

When I changed the Icon's bars out to the Full Throttles, I noticed the plastic tit. It ended up rotating/raising the switch position up and out of the way. No more problem. With the lower bar position, I have the clutch angled slightly down, further separates the two.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.