Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hello guys and gals!
Some update. I got the prototype back in black plastic and painted the edges silver since I had some rub and buff lying around. The plastic print is pretty rough but good enough for prototype. Also note to self, don't drink and then try to paint.

Took them to the garage today to see how the curves matches up. I think it could use another mm or so towards the tips of the wing.

Excuse the ghetto electric tape. My garage mate seem to have misplaced my masking tape and electric tape don't like rough plastic.
So here's where it's at now. I think I can make that little adjustments and get them done in steel for reals.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Looking good, very good. How you planning to attach them? Double sided 3M tape like the OEM?
I think so. Altho scramblinman mentioned screw holes. I might make a version of that if ppl want them. For myself, I think I'll just double side tape it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think so. Altho scramblinman mentioned screw holes. I might make a version of that if ppl want them. For myself, I think I'll just double side tape it.
Hey ichitz,

If you want to do that I would love getting your 3D file to alter the text and get them made myself.
Is that ok for you ?

thanks !

·
Registered
628 Posts
This is really some smart work @ichitz. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1 Posts
PM me your email :)
Hey ichitz

I know its a long time after this thread started, but I also would love to get a copy of your Ducati tank badge .stl file for a project for my sons first bike.

He has a Ducati tank on his bike and I am having a hard time measuring the curvature correctly.

Would it be possible to provide me with the files also please

Thank you

21 - 27 of 27 Posts