Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I saw in the installation directions it calls for cutting the plastic, did you have to modify anything?
Dealer installed it for me. No mods were necessary to the bike. I think the install calls for a thin plastic sheet to be cut according a template. Probably for where the crash bars grip the frame. I will take a closer look where it is used. Installation seemed pretty straightforward. 20 minute job.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had mine installed last week. Very much needed outside June-Aug here in Norway. Nicely software integrated with start button and gage screen. Also just an extra cable each compared to stock handles so doesn't stick out really. Low-Medium-High heat, last is really too hot I'd say. Expensive, but so is everything in Norway. My Icon cost €12300 naked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just installed the Oxford Heated grips touring edition. Super easy to install, I am meticulous and took me about 1 hour battling the rain to install start to finish. Grips are fatter and much more comfortable. Heat is adjustable and even turns off when engine is not running. Had to make minor mods, but nothing crazy. $89 total from revzilla.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just done mine, easy enough, L/H drill 3.5mm holes for the screws, no need to remove the tank, just rear bolts and lift, block it, right side are 2 wires with blanking plugs marked L and R.
Drop me a line if you need help, also fitted the enduro front mudguard and sump guard if anyone needs direction.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed mine on my own. You have to drill two holes in the handlebar for the left grip, and then route the wires down to the plugs. The plugs are under the right side of the tank. Once they were installed the dealer enabled them for me. It only took them about 10 minutes and they didn't charge me.
2020 scrambler 800, the instructions for the oem grips seem to assume the set screw holes should already exist on the LH handlebar of this bike, but they don't. Assuming I use the monster template that came in the box to drill out the holes.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts