Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on looks along, I think I like the Sargent solo seat, but I also like the Mustang seat.

Do any of you have experience with either of these seats or opinions about either company?

I have a Corbin seat on another bike and I'd describe it as rock hard and being built for a typical fat American. It's constructed well and I've been riding on it for 15 years now. I'd like to get away from that and get something a bit softer and narrower. Both the Mustang and Sargent look like they fit the bill. I imagine both cost at least 100 dollars less than a Corbin as well.

I have a Mustang seat for my Harley and it's built out of cheaper vinyl than my leather and vinyl Corbin, but the comfort level is higher because the foam is more compliant. Do Sargent seats typically follow the Mustang seats in terms of the vinyl quality and softness?

Sorry for the smattering of random questions. I just know I want a different seat by spring time. I started riding the Harley 100% of the time because the Scrambler seat was ruining my fun time.

Link to the Mustang seat:

http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/75027/One-piece-Seat-for-Ducati-Scrambler-2015

Link to the Sargent seats:

http://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/Sargent-Seats-DUCATI-SCRAMBLER-In-Development/

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sorry, I got no info on the Sargent or Mustang seats. But the word is out that Mugello will be selling online before Spring and that is what I am waiting for seat wise. But I'm sure that won't be my only purchase from them.

Since you've written that you've banished your Scrambler to the corner of the garage and are now rumbling through your neighborhood on your Harley, let me ask you a question. Now tell the truth. Apart from the seat, which bike is more fun to ride?

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Seeing as the Sargent seat is still in development, you probably aren't going to get anybody with experience yet.

But I absolutely love their seats on my other bikes. I was very bummed that they don't have one for the little Ninja - I had to settle for a Corbin there.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I had a Sargent on an F650GS back in the day and it was excellent; a buddy has a Sargent on his 1200GS and he's happy, too. I've had Seat Concepts on a couple of bikes and been extremely impressed with the improvement. Best bang for the buck would be to cut away the tool box and add a Seat Concepts kit, in my opinion. I think it'll be hard to keep the toolbox and have a happy butt, unless you use layers upon layers of foam. But for some reason I'm not keen on the looks of Seat Concepts on the Scrambler, so I'm without a plan myself.

The Sportster folks are all about the Mustang seats, lots of happy customers from what I've read. By the way silverluxe, have you checked out xlforum.net? Excellent bunch of folks there, and that forum is a wonderful resource.

Sarah

·
Registered
94 Posts
I ordered the Mustang seat last night so I might be the guinea pig! I love the Scrambler except for the sore butt I've have for a month now and if this seat is as good as a few other Mustang seats I've sat on then the Scrambler will be complete.

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My plan is to keep my OEM seat and get a solo seat since I ride alone nearly 100% of the time. I emailed Mustang and they sent me a photo of the seat pan showing how they relieved the 'cut in' where the tool kit hangs on the OEM seat pan. I like the design. The tool kit rides back further and hangs by a couple of built-in bungee cords.

Maybe the best plan would be to buy the Mustang seat now and try the Sargent out when it shows up since I hated the Ducati comfort seat that nearly everyone else seems to love. Their seat pan looks high quality so it's nicer than OEM quality on that piece alone.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wow.. the mustang seat is a beauty! Looks much more streamlined than the Corbin and cheaper! Also you get a deeper dish for your tush, and still have room for a passenger or a tailbag. Looks like a win win. Of course the only pro that the Corbin offers at this point is that you can customize the material and color. That said, I prefer to keep things simple.

I was about to get a Corbin for Christmas.. I will put that off, and hold I get a proper review of the mustang. It's great to have options.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am waiting on the Sargent solo to come out. I talked to Sargent on the phone yesterday and they said they'd be out in a month or two at most. I didn't ask what the hold up was as it is New England in December. I was told my my local Duc dealer that they loaned Full Throttle to Sargent for the development. They said they will be one of the first dealers getting a Sargent seat for the effort. I was told it is mine when it comes in. We will see how it plays out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
New Mustang Seat

Mustang shipped my seat last night, tracking says it will be here Wed. 12.09.15, I'll post a few up close pics side by side the old seat and give a review next weekend.
Looking forward to hearing your impression of the new seat. I've been waiting for someone to get one of these as I too am looking to get a new seat for my Classic and the Mustang is on my short list of options.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm looking forward to the review of the Mustang as well. I will need to decide Mustang vs. Italia Independent seat.
I like that seat too, I wonder what the price will be? The Mustang looks a lot like it but is available NOW and made in the USA so I went that way.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hello

The Mustang seat looks very comfortable. I'm just afraid that it is lower than the OEM one and so tall people like me (1.85 m) will have a strange position on the bike, with legs too much bent.

·
Registered
97 Posts
They all look too short to me.

I got the Comfort a Seat as I couldn't stand the knee cramp. I actually had times when I prayed for a red light so I could stop and stand up to straighten my legs.

I think the comfort seat is not fantastic, but it is better. A little less knee bend, and a bit flatter so you can sit back from the tank a bit (or a lot if you need a stretch, or want you feel like you're riding a scooter ;) And I guess a bit more foam too. I find I can ride with it as long as I need, with the occasional stretch back, unlike the original.

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My issue is that the bike is cramped, but when I had the comfort seat it messed with the handling to where it felt like I was riding the bike as if it was a horse, rather than down in it.

So a lower seat means even more lower center of gravity which equals a much more confident feeling in corners for me. Knee bend angle be damned.

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have the mustang seat but it does seem a little lower than the stock, I am 5'11 and it''s perfect, I am finally enjoying the bike a lot more.
What are your thoughts on all-day comfort for putting on about 300 miles?

I've done 200 miles in a day on the stock seat and my hind end only made it because I was using Gold Bond spray.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts