Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
I like my Renthal ultra low bar.. But the resulting brake line crowding my speedometer is ugly. I need to find a solution.
This might be a good enough reason to consider moving the speedometer to the middle?

Did you also have issues like Jonnyk8 and PrerunTN in not being able to fit everything onto it? What was your solution to the problem?

·
Registered
206 Posts
The width of my Renthal Ultra Lows are shorter than the stock by 4.5cm. Which i like very much. The narrow width of the Renthal allows me to be in a more comfortable position and squeeze through traffic much better.

The drawback is the clustered **** brake and loopy cables.

I'm almost thinking i will change my brake levers to Brembo and use a Rizoma Brake Cylinder.

Jmgbonds: could you please post a close up picture of your brakes and cables? If i don't have to spend $400 on new Brembos I'd rather not.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I ended up taking the pro tapers off and buying a Biltwell bar that is a half an inch narrower. The brake line is still being the speedo, however now the brake lever is in an awkward position. Short of moving the kill switch to the left of the brake components, I'm stuck as wellca d will most likely need to figure out a way to relocate the speedo mount.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've gone through a few different bars lately, trying to figure out the best set-up for me. I started with pro- taper klx 110 bend (black), which was nice, but still a little too tall. I'm happy with my second set , pro taper trials medium bend (silver), but I wish they had a little more back sweep. I also bought a set of emgo euro bend bars, but they seemed to have too much back sweep, and were too narrow for my tastes. Here are pics of both pro taper bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
The width of my Renthal Ultra Lows are shorter than the stock by 4.5cm. Which i like very much. The narrow width of the Renthal allows me to be in a more comfortable position and squeeze through traffic much better.

I'm almost thinking i will change my brake levers to Brembo and use a Rizoma Brake Cylinder.

Jmgbonds: could you please post a close up picture of your brakes and cables? If i don't have to spend $400 on new Brembos I'd rather not.
I am using the same bar and my cables are not as messy as yours, i will post a picture tomorrow for you.

·
Registered
147 Posts

This is how i did the rerouting;

21 - 40 of 62 Posts