Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Just out of curiosity, does NC still require motorcycle inspections? If so, do they check to see if the Evap cannister is still attached? Cool to see you are in Murphy, NC. That's my hometown.
Yup, they are still inspecting. Hicks never checked any of that stuff. He was really cool. Still no smog for anything in WNC.

Hicks has closed his doors. His health just too bad for him to keep the station open. I had to go to Jacky Jones for all of my other bikes. I took 9 of them in last month. They just did the lights, horn, and a check of the tires. Toward the end they just let me roll through, flashing, honking all the way. I bought two Volts from them so they usually treat me pretty well.

Jimminy Christmas! What was your tactic? I'd love to bring down my $11800 OTD price a little bit.
My original deal was better then that. It was with NPR Ducati in Athens, GA. Paul Bunde is friend of mine. NPR closed their doors before my order came in. Paul asked Seb to see if he could come close to that deal. Seb did it for almost the same price. Seb is now my dealer.

That is a lot of not-bike money. Seems abusive and pretty sad what we put up with. This has happened from people buying cars, trucks, and bikes, and not saying NO WAY...I won't pay all this. I think I paid $695 US or so in freight plus $300 setup or so.

The way I see it, dealers have got a lot of pressure these days. With increased service intervals, fewer parts and accesory sales, increased demands from the manufacturers, smaller overall profit margins, etc, they have to fight to keep their heads above water.

This is evident with NPR and Myers going out of business recently. The multi-brand superstore is becoming the only way they can make it. While I will always look to get myself the best deal, I don't begrudge the dealer for trying to make a buck. Remember, if they don't, they will not be there in the future. These guys are not a charity organization.

Jimminy Christmas! What was your tactic? I'd love to bring down my $11800 OTD price a little bit.
Did you try getting a quote from another dealer? That'll make the current one go down much faster. Also, don't tell the new dealer what the current one is offering you.

Bought in OH, from PA. Out of state buy so no OH taxes--PA taxes when I get the paperwork to plate it.

$10,035 OTD with OH temp tag.

No doc or anything fees.

Picked it up Thursday... loving it.
SOLID! This is for the Full Throttle, right? If so, REAL solid. Lowest I've seen. I'm sure they let you know that though. I'm sure the rest following this thread would love to know what your strategy was if there was one.

SOLID! This is for the Full Throttle, right? If so, REAL solid. Lowest I've seen. I'm sure they let you know that though. I'm sure the rest following this thread would love to know what your strategy was if there was one.
Yep, for a Full Throttle.

Wish I could brag about some sweet negotiating skills, but there were none here. This dealer (I'll give them a shout-out... Northern Ohio Ducati Triumph in Akron) was running a special if you did a pre-order ($500 down) they would cut any additional fees--just the price of the bike. I pre'd back in February and it just came in/was picked up last week.

There's a ducati dealer 20 minutes from me, but they wouldn't do that. So, no brainer for me. I took them up on this special and drove the 1.5 hours.

The Aussie contributors are quoting Aussie Dollars. Exchange rate 0.78 at the mo. Still very expensive, probably as there is virtually no dealer competition here. There are only 27 dealers in the whole country, no idea why so few.

I just picked up a 2016 FT in LA for $12,300 OTD. That included sales tax, doc fees, and all the other (annoying) fees tacked onto the $9995. Interestingly, I was quoted $12,700 for the exact same bike down the freeway in Newport Beach! Neither price included financing, that was just the straight purchase price.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.