Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Full Throttle Price Out the Door

31K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  Derekfiveo 
#1 ·
I know this partially depends on where you live, but how much did you all pay for yours out the door?

I've been quotes slightly under $13,000 for mine all included. I'm in Arizona.

#3 ·
That sounds way high. It should be $9995 plus around $1k in fees. Tax will depend on your local rates, but even still I can't imagine it ending up over $12k. Are they adding some sort of premium or adding mandatory "accessories"?

#6 ·
Those are the highest Freight, Handling, and Doc fees that I've ever seen. I thought that freight was standard at $595 in the US. Handling is what they charge to set the bike up and varies. My dealer in Milwaukee charges $199 for that. I've seen others here post up to $399. Doc fees are what they charge for filing the paperwork. My dealer charged $120 for that, I think. The three together look to be about double what they *should* be.

At that rate, you'd be better to buy one of the Icons that's sitting on the floor in some of the dealers in New England and have it shipped to you for $500 or so.

#28 ·
That is a lot of not-bike money. Seems abusive and pretty sad what we put up with. This has happened from people buying cars, trucks, and bikes, and not saying NO WAY...I won't pay all this. I think I paid $695 US or so in freight plus $300 setup or so.

#29 ·
The way I see it, dealers have got a lot of pressure these days. With increased service intervals, fewer parts and accesory sales, increased demands from the manufacturers, smaller overall profit margins, etc, they have to fight to keep their heads above water.

This is evident with NPR and Myers going out of business recently. The multi-brand superstore is becoming the only way they can make it. While I will always look to get myself the best deal, I don't begrudge the dealer for trying to make a buck. Remember, if they don't, they will not be there in the future. These guys are not a charity organization.

#37 ·
I just picked up a 2016 FT in LA for $12,300 OTD. That included sales tax, doc fees, and all the other (annoying) fees tacked onto the $9995. Interestingly, I was quoted $12,700 for the exact same bike down the freeway in Newport Beach! Neither price included financing, that was just the straight purchase price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.