Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Picked my bike up Friday evening after having throttle cable changed and rode it home-about 75 miles. Went out Saturday morning and started it up, and the fuel pump was squealing during the pressurizing cycle. While running it the fuel pump is making a ridiculously loud whining sound. Taking it back today. So annoying as it was already in the shop for a week and a half for the throttle cable.

Just wondering why you had the throttle cable replaced? Mine was far too long and I had to adjust it at the throttle body side which was not easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
447 Posts
Bike is in shop for first service and a warranty repair on the fuel pump. Get a two month old scrambler for $2000 off new price. Ducati service sucks by the ways but you're saving a lot of money to buy a great bike with the world's shittiest service.
Wow, interesting way to suck in the potential buyers , but at least no one can accuse you of any dishonest sales practice.

I've read the thread twice and I see that you need a new fuel pump but I don't see where you mention ducati screwing you over. Care to elaborate?

So what is this, three Ducati owners selling their bike in the last couple of weeks? Depressing.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Wow, interesting way to suck in the potential buyers , but at least no one can accuse you of any dishonest sales practice.

I've read the thread twice and I see that you need a new fuel pump but I don't see where you mention ducati screwing you over. Care to elaborate?

So what is this, three Ducati owners selling their bike in the last couple of weeks? Depressing.
I've not posted all the details but lets say the last call ended with an admission that I'm probably a long way away from getting my bike back. I don't intend being in court for slander in Singapore so I'm not intending on saying more.

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
Man, that sucks. I think a lot of people selling the bikes have been ones who are in the position to be able to. Older folks who have them as secondary bikes or have a history of owning several new bikes in the past. If they don't like them, they move on to the next bike.

I'm in the position where I couldn't take the financial hit, so I'd just end up fixing this problem myself. Is part #14 broken, or is your fuel pump broken at the connection point for #14 ?

If that happened to me, I'd probably make a new part 14 out of steel tubing and braze a ring around it like that to hold it in place. If the fuel pump itself crapped out, I'd probably try to source a replacement elsewhere than Ducati OEM. The fittings don't look very proprietary to me, but I'm not in the situation and haven't taken mine apart to find out, so I might be saying things that are impossible.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Sarah and Silver,

My mechanic is picking the bike up today. We're doing exactly that - jamming in a generic FP (turns out it's the same or similar to ones used in a toyota), modding the wiring and connecting the flex hose to the outlet of the generic FP. Of course Duc Singapore are threatening to cancel the warranty but phuck them - I'm selling it anyways.

I might come back to the scrambler in a few years - right now I need a bike that runs, not sits in a shop (and Duc Singapore don't offer loaners and had the outright gall to charge for a tow to pick up a warranty repair bike that was only weeks old). To those readers seeing this thread who don't have a scrambler - wait a few months - there's going to be a lot more in the second hand market or wait for the next revision where some of the first run issues are fixed.

Thanks for the note and condolences. It was my wife who said "You don't really want a bike that almost set you on fire" that did it.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I hear you, and wife, too. Hope the Toyota fuel pump works without a hitch, do you mind posting a follow up to let us know? Might be something to note.

Sarah

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I hear you, and wife, too. Hope the Toyota fuel pump works without a hitch, do you mind posting a follow up to let us know? Might be something to note.

Sarah
I sent a tow truck to have the bike picked up and fixed this morning. Ducati ask the truck to hang on as they were fitting a new fuel pump that miraculously showed up. Squeaky wheel gets the oil much?

I've yet to hear if the bike is back on the road - I'll be home Friday I'll find out or perhaps earlier from my mechanic.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ducati is still shite when it comes to customer service, at least around Asia. But I feel Audi is breathing down their necks and there always seems to be some sudden movement when you complain to higher up. Same here with my bike. Months of repairs and no loaner and still wrestling half a year later to get my $100 back for the tow that they confirmed a month ago they'd refund me.

Premium brand... pff. I get premium service and quality from Honda at much lower prices. Time to reconsider what premium means.

I feel with you Asiaoildude.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Ducati is still shite when it comes to customer service, at least around Asia. But I feel Audi is breathing down their necks and there always seems to be some sudden movement when you complain to higher up. Same here with my bike. Months of repairs and no loaner and still wrestling half a year later to get my $100 back for the tow that they confirmed a month ago they'd refund me.

Premium brand... pff. I get premium service and quality from Honda at much lower prices. Time to reconsider what premium means.

I feel with you Asiaoildude.
Sorry man. I'm still on the fence about selling it for exactly that reason. I had to do so much to get some attention... what if it's worse next time?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sorry man. I'm still on the fence about selling it for exactly that reason. I had to do so much to get some attention... what if it's worse next time?
I can understand you being angry and reluctant to do further business with Ducati in general and your dealership in particular.

While waiting for my scrambler to arrive I came within an inch of getting into a fist fight with one of the dealer's salesman. I was so mad I cancelled my five month old order, demanded my money back and found another dealership to buy my scrambler. I got my scrambler at the second dealership but I am back at the first one because they are so close and they have done a lot of work on my scrambler for me. And lo and behold I get along great with everybody......including the aforementioned salesman. I guess my point is, try to make your decision as objectively as possible while giving your anger no sway.

Personally, the scrambler ticks all the right boxes for me. Riding it gives me an unbelievable amount of fun......and I don't think any other bike would come close. While it's possible I may buy another bike someday, I will never sell this scrambler. And I would be willing to go through much unpleasantness to keep it.

Good luck, whichever road you take.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts