Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
My UE was getting around 45mpg before the first service. Stock everything essentially and I was riding it in varied conditions with mixed town and secondary highway riding.

I am in Oregon, U.S., I weigh 195 and am 6'1". I put in premium fuel and every 2-3 tanks I put in clear premium gas (non ethanol).

After I picked up the bike from it's first service at the Ducati dealer in Portland with a newly installed and mapped Termi and some other farkles and the eval can removed, I promptly rode it almost 400 miles over the weekend and averaged 55mpg and I was not being easy on it now that I could rev it over 6000! Some really nice twisty backroads and highways through Western Oregon including McKenzie Pass Hwy and Hwy 20 West of Santiam Pass. Very pleased with the overall mileage and performance so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My UE was getting around 45mpg before the first service. Stock everything essentially and I was riding it in varied conditions with mixed town and secondary highway riding.

I am in Oregon, U.S., I weigh 195 and am 6'1". I put in premium fuel and every 2-3 tanks I put in clear premium gas (non ethanol).

After I picked up the bike from it's first service at the Ducati dealer in Portland with a newly installed and mapped Termi and some other farkles and the eval can removed, I promptly rode it almost 400 miles over the weekend and averaged 55mpg and I was not being easy on it now that I could rev it over 6000! Some really nice twisty backroads and highways through Western Oregon including McKenzie Pass Hwy and Hwy 20 West of Santiam Pass. Very pleased with the overall mileage and performance so far.
Hey-o. We've got almost the same bike from the same dealer (Motocorsa), but I picked up the Icon. I've got the full Termi with evap removed but only seem to be getting mid 40s MPG. I do seem to get stuck in traffic from time to time and let the bike warm up quite a bit in the mornings which could be effecting it. I'm going to have the front sprocket changed this week which will probably lower my MPG a bit more but make slow traffic less of a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ... let the bike warm up quite a bit in the mornings ...
Is that something that needs to be done? Isn't the fuel-injection taking care of the cold motor? (I had the Hornet with carburettor and had to warm it up every morning for many-many minutes, and I'm kind of looking forward to just jumping on the bike and going...)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Is that something that needs to be done? Isn't the fuel-injection taking care of the cold motor? (I had the Hornet with carburettor and had to warm it up every morning for many-many minutes, and I'm kind of looking forward to just jumping on the bike and going...)

With a fuel injection, I don't think you need to let it warm on idle rev.

Your motor will be lot more well oiled when driving it carefully than on the sidestand at idle rev.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Have been running a Rexxer map for the last tank. Just back from a holiday abroad so got out on bike today to fill up. My MPG has gone from an average of 54 to 50 on this last tank. Thats a decrease of about 7% and closely reflects the increase in BHP the Rexxer map gives. Very happy with that as I do thrash the bike a lot and ride over 85 mph on faster roads often when not on twisty lanes :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Have been running a Rexxer map for the last tank. Just back from a holiday abroad so got out on bike today to fill up. My MPG has gone from an average of 54 to 50 on this last tank. Thats a decrease of about 7% and closely reflects the increase in BHP the Rexxer map gives. Very happy with that as I do thrash the bike a lot and ride over 85 mph on faster roads often when not on twisty lanes :)
I lost about 10% when remapping, but my fueling is VERY aggressive.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I lost about 10% when remapping, but my fueling is VERY aggressive.
Hi Tony that was with my 2nd map and I now have a 3rd map that I have uploaded since refueling. It seems to be even smoother at low speed and acceleration a teeny bit more urgent so wonder how this one will affect mpg. May be difficult to get a proper comparison now that temperatures are dropping here. To be honest though I did not buy the bike for economy so will stick with the 3rd map regardless :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hi Tony that was with my 2nd map and I now have a 3rd map that I have uploaded since refueling. It seems to be even smoother at low speed and acceleration a teeny bit more urgent so wonder how this one will affect mpg. May be difficult to get a proper comparison now that temperatures are dropping here. To be honest though I did not buy the bike for economy so will stick with the 3rd map regardless :)
Colder temps mean your economy will drop even further. But, like you said, I didn't do this for fuel savings. I'm VERY please with my big HP bump - the "little" bike just flies now.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Colder temps mean your economy will drop even further. But, like you said, I didn't do this for fuel savings. I'm VERY please with my big HP bump - the "little" bike just flies now.
I am pleased I followed your lead regarding the Rexxer way forward and I hope many others do the same and reap the rewards. I had a NC700S before this as needed decent economy at the time and was getting at least 75 mpg but after 2 years circumstances changed allowing me to choose a more exciting bike. Am sure I will not be thrashing the bike constantly once I have got accustomed to the excitement of the new map and expect around 50 mpg still

·
Registered
17 Posts
Best I've managed is 187 miles and it took 13 litres to fill it up..
that's over 65 mpg UK

Before 1st service, but generally ignoring the 6k limit once properly warmed up.

Had 1st service at the weekend and fuel remap for Termi can.

Before you get too excited, it's a Sixty2 :)
I'd expect the fuel figures to be better than the 800.
Average is 63.3 for first 700 miles.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Best I've managed is 187 miles and it took 13 litres to fill it up..
that's over 65 mpg UK

Before 1st service, but generally ignoring the 6k limit once properly warmed up.

Had 1st service at the weekend and fuel remap for Termi can.

Before you get too excited, it's a Sixty2 :)
I'd expect the fuel figures to be better than the 800.
Average is 63.3 for first 700 miles.
any information about sixty2 top speed?

·
Registered
17 Posts
any information about sixty2 top speed?

So far, an indicated 101mph.
That's with the Termignoni race pipe but before the fuel map install.

Before the Termi install, at about 670 miles, I never pushed it beyond 80mph but there was certainly more there.
Not been for a run since the fuel map update as it was only 2 days ago.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.