Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
My last tank, which got me to ~425 miles total, netted me 117.2 miles on 3.279 gallons of 93 octane (US) gasoline. At least, that's when I ran out of gas... good thing there was a gas station 4 blocks away from where I stalled.

That means I'm getting about 35.7 miles per gallon. To be fair, I'm riding rather aggressively.

Oh yea, I got just over 20 miles once the reserve fuel light came on. Not as much as I was hoping!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Interesting semize, I was taking it easy once the reserve indicator came on...and I am also light...so I was able to strectch it a bit further.

So guess the lesson is: once reserve starts, better start looking for fuel pretty quick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am still running in and getting pretty consistently 20km/l on mixed city and highway riding.

What I would like to know is those who have the race Termi slip-ons, what kind of milage are they getting? Did you see any decrease with the pipe change?

·
Registered
122 Posts
approaching my first service this weekend... and it went completely dry yesterday.. :(

Pumped 13.3L of petrol, and meter reads 265-ish

Lesson learned: reserve light comes on and off depending on the terrain, and once it goes off, it reset to zero... so reserve mileage is really just for reference

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can go only 130 km's before the light comes on. Very poor fuel economy. Does anybody have any idea why could that be? The bike is at around 700 km's. I ride in the city with some traffic but it's still too much. I don't push bike that hard also.
What quality fuel are you putting in? I had low fuel light come on at 197 k's but where I filled up they only had 91 fuel, next time the light came on at 147 k's my riding was not in town, so I thought the 95 which I put in might make the difference.

·
Registered
80 Posts
What quality fuel are you putting in? I had low fuel light come on at 197 k's but where I filled up they only had 91 fuel, next time the light came on at 147 k's my riding was not in town, so I thought the 95 which I put in might make the difference.
I'm putting in 95 octane. We don't any less here I think. I can try 97 and see if it makes a difference maybe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here in cali I put in 91 octane and fuel light comes on at around 85 to 90 miles, drinks in about 2.1 to 2.2 gallons, so I am getting 42 to 43 to the gallon which is not bad for city riding and about 50% of the time its two up. Since the first service I have not been holding back and push it upto 6k rpm but not beyond that. Still getting used to this bike, can be quite trigger happy in first gear, so trying to keep it slow and steady of the line at lights but push it after that ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Misinformation regarding tank size.

The tank holds 3.57gal or 13.5L.

Anyone know what the fuel consumption is so we can calculate the range of the bike on a tank of gas?

Thanks,

Vik
After running out of gas, my scrambler only took 2.6 US gallons to fill. This is 9.85L, NOT 13.5L. Why is there so much misinformation on this topic? Who can confirm my finding?

·
Registered
59 Posts
After running out of gas, my scrambler only took 2.6 US gallons to fill. This is 9.85L, NOT 13.5L. Why is there so much misinformation on this topic? Who can confirm my finding?
Today, I filled up with 3.06 US gallons @ 153 miles. My fuel light was on with around 21 miles showing on my fuel countdown odometer. That gives me roughly .5 gallons left, which comes to about 3.5 gallons.

So far, that was my best tank, though I did nothing different during those 153 miles.:confused:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Are you taking the nozzle out when it stops automatically?
You need to pull it out a couple inches and top off your tank.

Yes, this is how I fill too. If your look at the manual, you are supposed to fill it right up to the bottom of the black plastic funnel thing.

If I fill right when my light comes on, it'll take about 2.5 gallons, which is when the light is supposed to come on — with 1 gallon left.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.