Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are no dumb questions, only dumb people, so here goes...

While cleaning my scrambler on the weekend I noticed the front caliper looked strange, like it was too open. It looked like a cover was missing off the back of it, like so...

Every bike I've owned in the past has a cover over the back of the caliper, why doesn't Ducati attach one?

At least I did some internet research before phoning my dealer to order a replacement :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Looks normal to me, infact I cant think of a bike I have had where there was a cover. Logic says to me that a cover would be detrimental, allowing dust and muck to gather.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hello

My front calliper looks like yours and I've never had entirely closed caliper. Imho, it wouldn't be a good to close a caliper, hot air couldn't go out and braking would be somewhat problematic when lasting too long...

On some calipers, you can find a metal blade that partially covers the brake pads and acts as a spring to maintain them in the caliper against their axle, but it never closes entirely the caliper.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The only Brembo calipers I've seen with a cover were the old 2-piston P8s that were fitted to the bevels. They had a snap on plastic cover over the pads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are no dumb questions, only dumb people, so here goes...

While cleaning my scrambler on the weekend I noticed the front caliper looked strange, like it was too open. It looked like a cover was missing off the back of it, like so...

Every bike I've owned in the past has a cover over the back of the caliper, why doesn't Ducati attach one?

At least I did some internet research before phoning my dealer to order a replacement :)
I it's funny that I find this post 6 years later. Had the exact same thing happened to me. I have never noticed how open the caliper is and I was kind of freaking out. Good to know I wasn't the only person who realized this while already owning the bike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts