Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My take on what the Classic should have looked like>:D Just had it powder coated,painted, and pinstriped last week:

Just need those reproduction Classic tank badges:)

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
That color is really nice. Unique but not crazy. I would call it "key lime pie".

How did you choose the color? Was it in a catalogue? Did you know beforehand, or did you know once you saw the paint?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That color is really nice. Unique but not crazy. I would call it "key lime pie".

How did you choose the color? Was it in a catalogue? Did you know beforehand, or did you know once you saw the paint?
That's a great color choice! Looks more like "champagne" to me and it's not something I've seen yet.
I know it varies, but roughly how much did that set you back?
I like it!

How did you handle the logistics, i.e. did you remove the tank yourself?
It looks great. The tank has been painted, I presume.
Which parts have been powdercoated?
Thanks!

Yes just the tank was painted. Had the front fender, headlight bezel, exhaust heat shield, and rock pan powder coated satin black. Then I had the front fender powder coated gloss (so it had a double coating of powder coat). I was looking for a light gold metallic or tan color. I was initially going with a Lexus cashmier color but then I saw the Lime Gold Metallic on a Porsche....thought it looked pretty sick. The color seems to tie in well with the black(s) on the bike and brown seat. Had the painter (who does motorcycles and hotrods) do the bottom pinstripe in black and the one above in brown to further tie everything in together. The initial cost to paint and pinstripe the tank was $450...but ran slightly higher because of the Porsche color and couple extra coats of clear on the tank.

If anyone is looking for a great painter/pinstriper give Ricky Hickenbottom a call at:

2LEFTHANDS.COM;
Instagram: 2LEFTHANDS_KUSTOMPAINT;
Facebook: FB.COM/2LEFTHANDS

I'm sure you could mail your tank to him. He's located in north county San Diego , CA.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts