Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo Guys,

Displaced Canuck living in Sydney.

Ended up with a Scrambler because I had my SSS in for it's first service and they lent me a Flat Track Pro for the day. Well, I had such a blast on it that it planted a seed in my brain. Decided I would get a FTP but they're not that common here and I've always wanted to go the custom paint route. Studying the Scrambler models available I could see they were all good in one way or the other. Rode a mate's Desert Sled with an Arrow pipe - great bike. Anyway, decided on an Icon as I like the lines of the front and rear fenders. Got a screaming private sale deal on a red Icon still under warranty with the Termi system on it, Ducati indicators and Evotech tail tidy. I got it painted metalflake blue, got the tank panels chromed, put the original tires back on (had Angel GT's on it, good tires but not the look I was going for), installed Evotech front axle, rear axle (doubling as paddock stand bobbins) and frame crash protectors, front master cylinder lid for the FTP, Ohlins shock, Ohlins front springs, the Ducati billet headlight trim ring and it's awesomeness!

The Scrambler is a perfect bike for the riding I do which is mostly urban blasting. I can't see getting rid of this one. A worthy addition to the stable. Yes, I have a bike problem, but I am not alone!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yo Guys,

Displaced Canuck living in Sydney.

Ended up with a Scrambler because I had my SSS in for it's first service and they lent me a Flat Track Pro for the day. Well, I had such a blast on it that it planted a seed in my brain. Decided I would get a FTP but they're not that common here and I've always wanted to go the custom paint route. Studying the Scrambler models available I could see they were all good in one way or the other. Rode a mate's Desert Sled with an Arrow pipe - great bike. Anyway, decided on an Icon as I like the lines of the front and rear fenders. Got a screaming private sale deal on a red Icon still under warranty with the Termi system on it, Ducati indicators and Evotech tail tidy. I got it painted metalflake blue, got the tank panels chromed, put the original tires back on (had Angel GT's on it, good tires but not the look I was going for), installed Evotech front axle, rear axle (doubling as paddock stand bobbins) and frame crash protectors, front master cylinder lid for the FTP, Ohlins shock, Ohlins front springs, the Ducati billet headlight trim ring and it's awesomeness!

The Scrambler is a perfect bike for the riding I do which is mostly urban blasting. I can't see getting rid of this one. A worthy addition to the stable. Yes, I have a bike problem, but I am not alone!
Sounds like an awesome Icon you have.

Great to hear you're loving it...maybe a couple of photos please?

No doubt you may inspire someone else to mod theirs or at least "plant the seed.."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts