Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just finished installing Club L/S on my "16 FT. Had issues with flash rate too, and after talking to Rizoma (North America HQ in CA), we still weren't sure how to get the flash rate correct. Here is what I went through:

1) Rizoma instructions include 4 "schemas" for installation, and each indicator includes TWO resistors, depending on your model.
2) Rizoma instructions state that schema 1 (no resistors) is correct for the Scrambler. Nope - the flash rate is wrong. Too fast.
3) The US Scrambler has 10W OEM bulbs, so Rizoma instructions suggest "schema 4" (1 resistor per indicator). Nope - flash rate is wrong. Too fast.
4) I ended up dealing with tech support in Italy, and the Rizoma guy suggested trying "schema 2", which has two resistors in parallel. SUCCESS!

Note that I initially set up the Club S (rear) to replace my OEM running/brake light. You have to buy a separate adapter/harness, which just plugs in. However, I went back to the OEM setup. I just think the OEM setup looks better. I still haven't set up the Club L (front) running light option, because this involves hardwiring into the system. The Rizoma guys suggested tying into the headlight (low beam). Has anybody out there done this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just finished installing Club L/S on my "16 FT. Had issues with flash rate too, and after talking to Rizoma (North America HQ in CA), we still weren't sure how to get the flash rate correct. Here is what I went through:

1) Rizoma instructions include 4 "schemas" for installation, and each indicator includes TWO resistors, depending on your model.
2) Rizoma instructions state that schema 1 (no resistors) is correct for the Scrambler. Nope - the flash rate is wrong. Too fast.
3) The US Scrambler has 10W OEM bulbs, so Rizoma instructions suggest "schema 4" (1 resistor per indicator). Nope - flash rate is wrong. Too fast.
4) I ended up dealing with tech support in Italy, and the Rizoma guy suggested trying "schema 2", which has two resistors in parallel. SUCCESS!

Note that I initially set up the Club S (rear) to replace my OEM running/brake light. You have to buy a separate adapter/harness, which just plugs in. However, I went back to the OEM setup. I just think the OEM setup looks better. I still haven't set up the Club L (front) running light option, because this involves hardwiring into the system. The Rizoma guys suggested tying into the headlight (low beam). Has anybody out there done this?
Hey Max, before you reverted back to the OEM setup, were you able to get the rear running lights working with the brake light or is that even an option? I have the EE115 connection adapter but it doesn't seem to me that you can have the rear tail light connected and the indicator running lights without doing some hard wiring to the existing rear tail light wiring.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hello

I recently installed on my Classic two pairs of Rizoma indicators : Club S on rear and Sguardo on front (in the handlebar).
The installation has been easy, except the need to drill in 2 holes in the handlebar.
They don't require any resistor and it's well told in the installation manual.

I had bought the special connectors for the front pair, but finally I didn't use them. I have disconnected the OEM indicators at the light bulb support, instead of the intermediate connectors located under the tank. Then, I welded the wires of the Rizoma indicators in the OEM light bulb connectors. The connection is good and easy to change back, just need to unweld it and put back the connectors on the original light bulb support.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Nico,

I have the EE115 adapter too and ran into the same issue you did, so decided not to use it. I haven't tried to get the Club S running lights working with the OEM brake light, because I'm not sure how best to hardwire the Club S running light wire/brake wire into the existing wiring scheme. I was hoping someone else out there had done it. If you figure it out - let me know!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Max,

Yes I did figure it out! It just irrated me so much having spent the extra money for the Club S's to not get the running light to work. It did, however, take some courage and hardwiring. First I disconnected the OEM brake harness and chopping it off in the black section about two inches from the harness to expose the three wires. I then cut the EE115H harness wires at their midpoint and kept the Red and White connectors (to later connect the indicators) and the Rizoma Harness, and put the OEM Brake light harness and black connector end aside. I stripped all off the wire ends about 1cm and went about splicing them together using Butt Connectors. [The specific butt connectors I used and would highly recommend were 22-18 AWG Heat Shrink Solder Butt Connectors. They worked amazingly, soldering the wires together and providing a weather proof seal, and much less of a pain than crimping style butt connectors. If you have access to a hot butane flame, definetly use these.] The wire splicing went as follows: Black from brake light into black from Rizoma Harness, Red from brake light and Red from the Red Connector into the Red from the Rizoma Harness, and finally Yellow from the brake light and White from the White Connector into white from the Rizoma Harness. With the splicing all done I connected the indicators to the red and white connectors, the Rizoma Harness to the bike and boom they worked! Im very satisfied with how it looks and how clean of a job i was able to do using those connectors.
Now I've got to just do the front Club L's.
Next Weekend :)

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nico!! Thanks! This is great info. I have all the tools, just need the guts to start cutting OEM wires! Keep me posted on the Club L job. I was told by Rizoma that you could splice it into the headlight beam (low). However, I haven't looked closely at where the correct wire is located.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Club L and S

Nico!! Thanks! This is great info. I have all the tools, just need the guts to start cutting OEM wires! Keep me posted on the Club L job. I was told by Rizoma that you could splice it into the headlight beam (low). However, I haven't looked closely at where the correct wire is located.
Hi, recently i installed the Club L, may i can provide some information which might be help. To bring the position light to the front I simple connected from the back adapter a cable back to the front. (yellow ones) As u can see from the electric wiring diagram:

see the diagram (sorry i cant past a link, replace x=w and ?=.) xxx.ducatiscramblerforum.com?forum?attachments?electronics?6786d1431774147-coloured-wiring-diagram-scrambler-colour-.jpg

between the position 53 and 17/19 it can be easily wired, without to cat any wire on the headlight, have done this on my duc scrambler CR 2017.

But i need also to say, that i have an support case open with Rizoma, it looks like that the right position light is a shade lighter then the left one, not sure if it is a defekt or my wiring is wrong. :eek:

hope this helps a bit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Late to the party but wanted to say thanks anyway, just used this file to print and mount some generic LEDs to the front of my Full Throttle - Worked perfectly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a 2015 Full Throttle in the spring with only 3100 on the clock -- however, there were plenty of issues, as it likely had been dropped at some speed: signals, controls, handlebar, seat were all aftermarket (guy replaced the bars with clipons) -- assorted other issues, including a leaking gas tank. Most everything I had fixed by the local factory dealer, & it rides like a champ, it's a blast.

Now to get through inspection -- and also because my buddies say the signals on it (NRC I think?) aren't really very visible, I'm putting Rizoma Vision $equential blinkers on. Two things I'm up against:

1) the wires from the old NRCs or whatever were spliced on, but they Rizomas of course have bullet quick connects -- not sure whether it's worth it to dig through the harness and get to the connectors, especially if I'm not sure they're the right one (the ones in the parts explosion don't look like bullts). So I may just cut the wires and put female bullets on.

2) more importantly, the old signal wires are connected black to white and white to black -- and I can't seem to find a wiring diagram in the service manual I downloaded. Where should red/black connect to?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts