Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
@TC3 -I am planning to install the display unit on the side of brake fluid reservoir just like in the pdf instructions. My earlier idea was to mount it using a small plate onto the left handlebar clamp screw but I haven't been able to find or fabricate a proper mount for it yet. Searched all the GoPro & clones attachment accessories.

The other option applicable for you & I is to find a cubby hole in the dart screen mount somewhere but it doesn't seem very likely to me.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
@TC3 -I am planning to install the display unit on the side of brake fluid reservoir just like in the pdf instructions. My earlier idea was to mount it using a small plate onto the left handlebar clamp screw but I haven't been able to find or fabricate a proper mount for it yet. Searched all the GoPro & clones attachment accessories.

The other option applicable for you & I is to find a cubby hole in the dart screen mount somewhere but it doesn't seem very likely to me.
I cut out an L shaped bracket from a thick bit of ABS. This will get attached to the lower left bolt at the back of the digital display. It allows me to mount it in such a way that when my satnav is on the bike I can still see gear indicator. Will likely look pretty rubbish but at least the screen hides it from the front :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
I cut out an L shaped bracket from a thick bit of ABS. This will get attached to the lower left bolt at the back of the digital display. It allows me to mount it in such a way that when my satnav is on the bike I can still see gear indicator. Will likely look pretty rubbish but at least the screen hides it from the front :)
Oh that sounds cool. I dig these kind of DIY solutions. Look forward to seeing some install pics.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
So I got round to sorting out gear indicator this afternoon. Did not go to plan as after I fixed my bracket in place I put too much force as I tried to straighten it up and it snapped.... not too pleased with myself but what can one do.

Anyway easiest way to do it is remove plastic cover at head of tank and use some cloths and card board or whatever to protect your tank as you lift it.

I did not want to raise the tank too high in case of damage to paint. So instead of connecting the red wire to the white brake light wire which I could not reach I just undid the connector and stripped the protective sleeve a bit and connected to the red/blue wire I think it was that is opposite the white wire when the plug is connected if that makes sense.

After tidying it up a bit with black tape I put everything back together and ended up attaching the Gipro to the cable for now until I find a more permanent solution.

It was easy to set up and works well. Nice lil gadget to have at times

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Oh that sounds cool. I dig these kind of DIY solutions. Look forward to seeing some install pics.
I am thinking a small solid block of rubber which can be shaped to make the correct angle so it can be stuck to the screen with the Gipro attach to it with self adhesive velcro might work. Will look around the garage when I get time....

·
Registered
628 Posts
I am thinking a small solid block of rubber which can be shaped to make the correct angle so it can be stuck to the screen with the Gipro attach to it with self adhesive velcro might work. Will look around the garage when I get time....
That should work too. I'm now thinking of mounting it at 9'o clock position along the rim of the display console. That way I keep all visual indicators close to each other and improve ergonomics of the install. The issue I need to decide on is whether to use the extra glue strip provided or to fabricate some sort of a bracket for it and use one of the console's mounting bolts to fix the bracket.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
That should work too. I'm now thinking of mounting it at 9'o clock position along the rim of the display console. That way I keep all visual indicators close to each other and improve ergonomics of the install. The issue I need to decide on is whether to use the extra glue strip provided or to fabricate some sort of a bracket for it and use one of the console's mounting bolts to fix the bracket.
At that location it will interfere with putting key in and out will it not as already considered that. The bracket I made used the console mounting point at rear and would have worked as the Gipro would have sat in line with the height of the console on its left. Too bad it broke. You will need a longer bolt - 5mm x 60mm worked for me as the bolt is in a recessed area. They did not supply me with an extra glue strip but no big deal I have double sided strong tape.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks Tony. You have a point there. will explore the 3'o clock position oe else back to the default location suggested in the install guide.

I have postponed the install, pending delivery of some OEM ducati connectors for front blinkers. Will open up the tank once for installation of both items.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Thanks Tony. You have a point there. will explore the 3'o clock position oe else back to the default location suggested in the install guide.

I have postponed the install, pending delivery of some OEM ducati connectors for front blinkers. Will open up the tank once for installation of both items.
Good idea installing all in one go. Which indies did you get and will it affect the way the screen brackets attach?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Tony I have a couple of Rizoma clones from Aliexpress. No issues with the screen bracket, provided I can reuse the OEM connector as highlighted in a previous post.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Hi there! New to the forums. Do you know the dimensions of the bags?

Welcome. Which bags are you referring to? The classic saddle bags? I have never measured mine and I have not found the dimensions on the Ducati site. The parts guy at your dealer should know or be able to get them for you. If not, send me a message and I will go out and measure mine this weekend.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, I was asking about the classic saddle bags. I was surprised the dimensions were not specified anywhere online. The parts guy at my dealer is not particularly helpful, so I was hoping someone would measure for me. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
After 2 units that did not work correctly with the scrambler, HealTech developed firmware C09 that now works perfectly with the Scrambler.
Also my Classic saddlebags came in I can only use the large or small bag on the left side as I have the high termi exhaust on the right side. Someone also asked me to post a picture of the scrambler handlebar bag. So here are pictures of everything. Was not sure where to post this as the gear indicator is news and the rest pictures are well pictures.
Do you need any metal frame for mounting saddle bag?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts