Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Evotech engine guard

25K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  seans 
#1 · (Edited)
#30 ·
Hi - I've fitted one of these to my bike. No issues so far with engine cooling. Fairly easy to fit. The only problem for me was tightening the bracket thing that mounts on the exhaust pipe. Mind you I'm a complete klutz with a spanner so it was probably me.....

#31 · (Edited)
That looks good. Good enough. Does it seem strong enough to take on a rock or log smack
and
a. protect the engine and oil pump
and
b. retain its shape? .
I have all good intentions of treating this bike with utmost respect ;)but have been racking up bikes since the early 60's.
Is there a good picture of the Ducati guard mounted somewhere on the site? If so I missed it.

#34 ·
Just installed the evotech guard. It looks very sturdy on the skid plate. I think the weak point brackets. If took a hard hit front mount is on the head pipe. Shearing off those bolts would be some serious damage. It will do its job for what I want that is protect oil filter. Another thing about head pipe nuts there is barely half a thread showing.

#35 ·
Hi bro

I am a new guy to the scrambler, please share your wisdom to me.
I am going to install the same engine guard as yours. The installation needs to remove two screws from engine block and one from cylinder head, I believe these three screw are quite important, would you please tell me the torque spec of those screws?
Thank you!

#36 ·
Could someone please post some front and front 3/4 pics of their scrambler with the evo-tech guard? I'm wondering what it looks like and am having trouble finding eye-level pictures that show it at 5 or 10 feet away... Maybe that's my eyes telling me it looks not-so-good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.