Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts

If anyone’s ever wondered what the Ducati Scrambler would look like naked, wonder no more because Untitled Motorcycles San Francisco took the liberty of stripping the Scrambler’s body down to the basics to reveal its inner workings. As part of a competition, the Ducati Scrambler was stripped into what you see now, the UMC-038 Marin Ducati Scrambler Icon.

Just to give you an idea of how much of the body was removed, UMC-SF’s owner Hugo Eccles managed to reduce the bike’s weight by 85 pounds, from a dry weight of 375 pounds to 325 pounds. He removed what he considered to be unnecessary parts; plastic panels, the OEM exhaust, headlight, etc. Even the mechanical parts were stripped of color to its bare metal state!

The final product only contains the 3 most necessary elements of a motorcycle to keep it running: the engine, a trellis frame and body. To match the angles of the frame the gas tank and seat was custom designed so that all three pieces will fit into one outline. With the reduced frame comes a smaller set of 17-inch wheels and a vertical LED light bar.

The UMC-038 Marin Ducati Scrambler Icon is actually road legal. Interested?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I don't care for it at all, and it oddly looks photoshopped even though the other pictures I google'd look real. It seems disingenuous to call it a Scrambler however considering the frame, swingarm, wheels, brakes, headlight, tail light, signals, seat, etc. etc. are all swapped out. The only things that appear to be mostly Scrambler are the engine and that junk front fork! It's amazing to me how many "custom" bike shops have worked over the Scrambler and left the stupid front fork as one of the only things they don't touch! If I had a budget of a few grand to modify the bike, the front and rear suspension and wheels would consume the majority of the funds, and only subtle tweaks to make the bike cohesive for the rest. The only custom I've honestly liked is the Holographic Hammer which did just that:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I love - LOVE - that Holographic Hammer bike. It is everything I could want looks wise. As close to perfect as I've seen. I'd just put different tires on it and.... DONE!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Visually I think this stripped down Scrambler is wrong at so many levels.

It's not the same, but I really liked what Bryan Fuller has done to this vintage 60's Scrambler

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hello

I really don't understand how this can still be called a Scrambler... Apart the motor, everything is changed and if you go offroad with such a bike, you won't go very far...

I'd really like to meet one of the designer of our real Scrambler, who lives 30 km from my home, to know his opinion about such a bike...

·
Registered
52 Posts
... even the missus called that stripped abortion "disturbing" ... and she's the gentle soul in our family :D

I wholeheartedly agree!

·
Registered
889 Posts
I don't care for it at all, and it oddly looks photoshopped even though the other pictures I google'd look real. It seems disingenuous to call it a Scrambler however considering the frame, swingarm, wheels, brakes, headlight, tail light, signals, seat, etc. etc. are all swapped out. The only things that appear to be mostly Scrambler are the engine and that junk front fork! It's amazing to me how many "custom" bike shops have worked over the Scrambler and left the stupid front fork as one of the only things they don't touch! If I had a budget of a few grand to modify the bike, the front and rear suspension and wheels would consume the majority of the funds, and only subtle tweaks to make the bike cohesive for the rest. The only custom I've honestly liked is the Holographic Hammer which did just that:

Perfect living room piece :D Beats having some painting their.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Visually I think this stripped down Scrambler is wrong at so many levels.

It's not the same, but I really liked what Bryan Fuller has done to this vintage 60's Scrambler

That's actually a very nice Scrambler. Anyone thinking of painting theirs to something similar?

·
Registered
40 Posts

If anyone’s ever wondered what the Ducati Scrambler would look like naked, wonder no more because Untitled Motorcycles San Francisco took the liberty of stripping the Scrambler’s body down to the basics to reveal its inner workings. As part of a competition, the Ducati Scrambler was stripped into what you see now, the UMC-038 Marin Ducati Scrambler Icon.

Just to give you an idea of how much of the body was removed, UMC-SF’s owner Hugo Eccles managed to reduce the bike’s weight by 85 pounds, from a dry weight of 375 pounds to 325 pounds. He removed what he considered to be unnecessary parts; plastic panels, the OEM exhaust, headlight, etc. Even the mechanical parts were stripped of color to its bare metal state!

The final product only contains the 3 most necessary elements of a motorcycle to keep it running: the engine, a trellis frame and body. To match the angles of the frame the gas tank and seat was custom designed so that all three pieces will fit into one outline. With the reduced frame comes a smaller set of 17-inch wheels and a vertical LED light bar.

The UMC-038 Marin Ducati Scrambler Icon is actually road legal. Interested?
They did swap the fork, Its off a GSXR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irIDDtpvUBA

1 - 18 of 18 Posts