Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had an Urban Enduro, Tradied it for a Sled

I bought an Urban Enduro in 2016 because I wanted a bike I could use mostly as a street bike but if I wanted to go on an ADV ride with my friends, I could do so. I was going to modify it to be a little more off-road worthy. I rode it for about 3,000 miles and had a blast on it. It fit me perfectly which was important since I'm only 5'3" tall with a short inseam to boot. But then, I heard about the Desert Sled. Now THAT was what I was wanting the Urban Enduro to be. So I traded my UE in for a Sled as soon as I could. I pestered my dealer for months and got the first one they had. I've ridden my sled over 3,000 miles to this point.

The Sled is a MUCH different bike than the UE. It's also a much BIGGER bike than the UE. The UE was basically just a tarted up street bike but the Sled is a real off-road capable bike. It is most definitely NOT a tarted up UE! They strengthened the frame. If you look where the standard Scrambler's frame ends at the back swingarm pivot, the Sled's frame extends below that and is much heftier. The forks are longer and thicker and adjustable. The front wheel is a spoked 19" versus the 17" on the standard Scramblers and the UE. The rear shock is much bigger, sturdier, and adjustable. The Pirelli tires are amazing. The handlebar is thicker and wider. The throttle cam is different and calibrated to not be as abrupt as the UE. Though truthfully, I preferred the UE's snappiness. The motor is EURO 4 compliant. The sled is about 50 lbs heavier than the UE so it's not as fast but the power is still satisfactory.

The height of the stock seat was my main concern as it was 34 inches high. Like I said, I have short legs. I had to slide way off the seat just to get a foot down. I bought the low seat which lowered it about an inch so it was better but I still have to slide a cheek off. Also, the seat is very uncomfortable after about 100 miles. I'm looking to change the seat both for lower height and comfort. I think those are two conflicting goals though so...we'll see what happens.

I'm very, very, happy with my Desert Sled. It's a blast to ride through the mountain twisties and handles highway rides just fine. I haven't taken it off-roading yet but there are plenty of YouTube videos showing guys doing that so I'm confident it will be more than capable enough for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tank Swap

Has anyone swapped out their gas tank for a custom tank? Any suggestions or things to look out for?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts