Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
someone knows what is the ground distance difference among icon and this new one

·
Registered
16 Posts
i was waiting to see what the new models look like before i purchased but i think I'm going to get an UE and change the shocks on my own. 2016 closeouts can be had for $9,600 with 0% financing and no wait.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i was waiting to see what the new models look like before i purchased but i think I'm going to get an UE and change the shocks on my own. 2016 closeouts can be had for $9,600 with 0% financing and no wait.
Adding premium adjustable fork cartages, and longer stanchions is easy enough, but how you going to change to larger diameter fork tubes? The rear subframe is also beefed up

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was tired of trying to make my Icon into something it wasn't, so I traded it in on a '15 F800GS.. This one might get me back. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Many apologies in advance for this newbie question...

Would upgrading any of the previous (to the DL) versions of the Scrambler with the suspension set up from this one be at all possible or practical? I would definitely consider making my Classic a more legit Scrambler and have some fun trying off road/enduro but I wouldn't be into anything crazy.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was tired of trying to make my Icon into something it wasn't, so I traded it in on a '15 F800GS.. This one might get me back. ;)
I did the saem thing, sorta, except that I didn't even take delivery. I traded on a '14 F800GSA right after the test ride when the bike was finally delivered 9 months after ordering 2 years ago.

But I threw a leg over the new one at the Long Beach motorcycle show last weekend, and it really seems to have addressed my concerns!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Seems like someone mentioned the design of the swingarm on our 2015-16 models might limit the option of a longer rear shock....?

Sarah
Exactly...or at least that was the consensus last summer. This new version has a modified rear subframe, and longer swingarm and shock right out of the box...and 46mm adjustable forks!
I'm pretty stoked!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Many apologies in advance for this newbie question...

Would upgrading any of the previous (to the DL) versions of the Scrambler with the suspension set up from this one be at all possible or practical? I would definitely consider making my Classic a more legit Scrambler and have some fun trying off road/enduro but I wouldn't be into anything crazy.
If (at all) possible, it would turn out to be a really expensive mod without knowing the result (the Desert Sled obviosly has a longer wheelbase).
But there are suspension upgrades (Fork, Rear Shock) available for your Classic (keeping the 150mm travel). Much better riding and ok for soft offroad/flat track.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If (at all) possible, it would turn out to be a really expensive mod without knowing the result (the Desert Sled obviosly has a longer wheelbase).
But there are suspension upgrades (Fork, Rear Shock) available for your Classic (keeping the 150mm travel). Much better riding and ok for soft offroad/flat track.
Thank you very much for the reply and for the video link in your Sig. Watched the video re: your suspension upgrade and it was very detailed and informative! Perhaps not something I'm personally prepared to get into but it's great to know there are options and that info is available! :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would buy this bike if in Europe will costs not more than 10k euro.
Do you think will be easy to fit some more road tires?
I wouldn't expect it to cost much less (IF any less) than 10k Euro, if it's $11,400 here in the US

Tires? It'll be hard to find pure sport tires to fit the 19 inch front wheel, but these look pretty street oriented;
Pirelli Scorpion Trail II Dual Sport Tires - RevZilla
There are actually a lot of "Dual Sport" tires that will fit the 19" front wheel. My '16 R1200GS came with Anakee III, which they call dual purpose, but look like street tires

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just found out these bikes are already in the streets I was thinking ducati need at least two more months to sell them

pictures please

nice

1 - 20 of 23 Posts