Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I don't like the rear mud guard license plate bracket at all, and intend on removing it and using a tail tidy kit of some sort. I'm guessing that'll help a lot with the road spray once the license plate is up there. It's not just for rain — if you hit some dirt roads or a light trail with unavoidable mud puddles, it could get messy.

I was thinking it would help to move the number plate to a more conventional position, and there is an accessory "high-mounted plate holder" available for the Scrambler. However, it doesn't appear to have any provision for a reflector (short of sticking it to the bottom of the number plate, which IMHO doesn't look great). In fact, I don't see any reflector on the Classic, which has better mudguards, either. This probably matters more in some markets than others, but I wouldn't want to make the change here in the UK until this is sorted out. Of course, it may be that the final versions of the Classic and the accessory will have addressed this issue, but it looks to be a problem area at the moment.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was thinking it would help to move the number plate to a more conventional position, and there is an accessory "high-mounted plate holder" available for the Scrambler. However, it doesn't appear to have any provision for a reflector (short of sticking it to the bottom of the number plate, which IMHO doesn't look great). In fact, I don't see any reflector on the Classic, which has better mudguards, either. This probably matters more in some markets than others, but I wouldn't want to make the change here in the UK until this is sorted out. Of course, it may be that the final versions of the Classic and the accessory will have addressed this issue, but it looks to be a problem area at the moment.
Some newer bikes have reflectors built-in to the rear light though... Could be the case with the scrambler or else it wouldn't pass many countries regulations

·
Registered
14 Posts
My thought is to leave the plate where it's at on the Icon, and get the aluminum fenders. They should match the tank panels and with the plate holder in it's original location it might knock down some more crud. Subject to change of course.

Stay safe, John

·
Registered
412 Posts
In fact, I don't see any reflector on the Classic, which has better mudguards, either. This probably matters more in some markets than others, but I wouldn't want to make the change here in the UK until this is sorted out. Of course, it may be that the final versions of the Classic and the accessory will have addressed this issue, but it looks to be a problem area at the moment.
There is a reflector on the classic:

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
There is a reflector on the classic:

That's good to see. The angles I've seen haven't shown that. Hopefully the high number plate hanger will have something similar.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nice picture of the classic :)

I think I might actually keep the long rear mudguard on the classic (in the Netherlands we also have a good chance of rain) but move the license plate to the position of the icon types. Will have to wait and see how much of a mod that is going to be (and if I like it).

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Me bad, so so sorry

Don't worry about it. :x

I get mistaken for a guy many times when wearing a helmet (perhaps because I don't like girly pink riding gear). :(

Also, when people do realise that I'm a woman, they often go on to assume that I'm on the pillion. :rolleyes:

I've never worked out which is more annoying! :mad:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Don't worry about it. :x

I get mistaken for a guy many times when wearing a helmet (perhaps because I don't like girly pink riding gear). :(

Also, when people do realise that I'm a woman, they often go on to assume that I'm on the pillion. :rolleyes:

I've never worked out which is more annoying! :mad:
I feel you, Jet. "Did you ride that here, Honey?" No, I pushed it.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Thanks for the ride report, Janet! Sorry about your jacket, that's irritating for sure. Shame the fender is no better than that.

Sarah

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Jet,

I'm a woman rider, very interested in the Scrambler but they haven't arrived in Australia yet, the Icons should be coming soon. May I ask, how tall are you? Not quite sure from the photos if you could flat foot.

Cheers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
height issues

Hi Jet,

I'm a woman rider, very interested in the Scrambler but they haven't arrived in Australia yet, the Icons should be coming soon. May I ask, how tall are you? Not quite sure from the photos if you could flat foot.

Cheers.

I wear pants that are 30" inseam; the Scrambler was easy to flat foot, room to spare. And there is an accessory seat that's about an inch lower.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hi Jet,

Cheers.
Hi Thornton

I'm 5'6". I could definitely flat foot the Scrambler, with a bit of a bend in my knees, so that they weren't "locked" like they can be on taller bikes. It felt refreshingly low compared with any other bikes I've owned recently. It also felt very light.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I am also 5'6" and agree it is easy to flat foot. The seat is same height as my NC700S but I cant flat foot the NC as easily due to seat shape.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts