Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
I almost took the classic myself but I basically abuse and then sell my bikes it would have been wasted on me. I'm also very over metal fenders... (that ding, bend and crack). I do like the spoked wheels and I wish there was a 5th model of the icon priced in the middle with spoked wheels.
The spoked wheels (along with the fenders) is what totally sold me on this model.

I love the look, but don't relish the thought of being stuck on the road with a punctured tube.

That being said, I'm converting these rims to tubeless when my tires are in need of replacement.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The spoked wheels (along with the fenders) is what totally sold me on this model.

I love the look, but don't relish the thought of being stuck on the road with a punctured tube.

That being said, I'm converting these rims to tubeless when my tires are in need of replacement.
They are tubeless I believe.

·
Registered
599 Posts
They are tubeless I believe.
No, I wish they were, but they are not.

The Classic (and the Urban Enduro) both use the same tires as the rest of the Scramblers (Pirelli MT60 RS), which is a tubeless tire - but the rim spokes on both models are not sealed, and require a tube to hold air pressure.

There are a number of products out there that can overcome this, it's a common problem with some of the big, spoked wheeled adventure bikes.

The best, IMO, is a Japanese product called OUTEX.

Reactions: Karlo
21 - 23 of 23 Posts