Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

61 - 80 of 271 Posts

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
Siras are those the cast metal ones that are on ebay from the Netherlands? I was looking at those and thought about making them work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Siras are those the cast metal ones that are on ebay from the Netherlands? I was looking at those and thought about making them work.
Hi,

Yes they are - bought mine on eBay straight from Italy and were quite a bit cheaper than those in NL.

I was concerned that they might not fit the curvature of the scrambler tank, but they could almost have been made for it!. Lovely quality too - really solid and heavy. Attached them using double sided foam adhesive tape bought on Amazon and the screw holes (unused) were blanked off using a black bead in each hole.

All in all they look terrific - much better than the "classic" version currently available from Ducati themselves. I've had loads of comments already from other scrambler owners.

Hope this helps.

Si

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
I was thinking of actually drilling two holes in the side panels and using Alumite to 'solder' aluminum nuts to the back of the side panels so you can mount those badges right to the panel without sticky tape. At least that's what I was daydreaming in my head. I'm glad you bought them so I can see that the size scale is OK :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was thinking of actually drilling two holes in the side panels and using Alumite to 'solder' aluminum nuts to the back of the side panels so you can mount those badges right to the panel without sticky tape. At least that's what I was daydreaming in my head. I'm glad you bought them so I can see that the size scale is OK :)
.. I pondered on this too, but eventually decided on the tape - 0.8mm thick - as this gave a nice seal against the panel and avoided any unsightly gaps - I also thought about using use both tape and nuts/bolts, but found the tape to form a strong enough bond.

I'll look forward to seeing what you end up doing ... :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi,
Yes they are - bought mine on eBay straight from Italy and were quite a bit cheaper than those in NL.

@Siras these are looking great on the Icon. Well done! I've had the same eBay listing from Netherlands in my watch list but never pulled the trigger on it. Mainly due to the asking price but also because my Red Icon is a bit delayed.

I'm glad you found the cheaper source in Italy.

Over time I've given up on the chicken wings idea and have decided to stick to the more modern design language used at the back of the seat, for the tank logo.

Have ordered a pair from an Italian seller on eBay. Will post pics once I'm done doing the tank.

·
Registered
473 Posts
@baimo a few questions on awesone rizoma indicator:

1) driving light frint an rear, are powered by same wire for indicator or need further wire?
2) stop flash at rear, need to be plugged to oem rear light to flash at same time?
3) any resistor needs?
4) except rear spacer (rizoma as well?) any further adapter are necessary, like small plats with 2 holes?

ty vm

Inviato da mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Lots of cool pics - but they'd look a lot better without all of the frame stickers. They peel off with your fingernail and only the one on the top of the chain guard leaves any residue, which is easy to remove. I stick mine to the bottom and sides of the cubby under the seat.

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
I'll get after them some time. I removed the sticker from the fuel tank and the mirrors. I'm weird about removing OEM stuff though. It seems like if you keep a bike 20 years it's always cooler in OEM form than with everything removed or painted black :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
great pics @Sola. Loved the mods and your lid too.

I'm thinking of relocating the speedo gauge to the middle too. Can you pls share some more details / pics of how you went about doing it? Is the speedo in position more visible / functional while riding ?

·
Registered
209 Posts
great pics @Sola. Loved the mods and your lid too.

I'm thinking of relocating the speedo gauge to the middle too. Can you pls share some more details / pics of how you went about doing it? Is the speedo in position more visible / functional while riding ?
+1, and just confirming: that is the full throttle handlebar?

61 - 80 of 271 Posts