Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's Ducati's latest motorcycle, the Monster 821. The bike runs on the 821cc Testastretta 11 degree liquid-cooled v-twin engine, which produces 112 horsepower. It's a down-scaled version of the top-end Monster 1200.

As far as tech goes, the Monster 821 is outfitted pretty well. It has adjustable seat height, 8-level traction controls, 3-level ABS and 3-level Ride-by-Wire adjustment.

It comes in basic or dark liveries. The base models comes in either Ducati red with red frame and black wheels, or star white silk with red frame and matte wheels, both with color-matched single-seat covers. The dark version has dark stealth paint with black frame and black wheels.

Should be in dealerships starting from July, 2014.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Not bad at all, I love it, now just trying to figure out how much of it we will see in the Scrambler.

On another note, I would love to have the following as a wallpaper photo:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I like the piping. I think its cool how the exhaust curls around. That is one of the coolest design features of the bike IMO.

To each their own I guess.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So would you like it better if it had the same piping but it made its way up to under the tail. I think that might look like overkill. That one with the double exhaust under the tail is a lot to handle. i can't decide if its awesome, or just too much of a good thing.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I would do the double undertail exhaust. I think it looks pretty cool -- you'd definitely get some looks from people going down the street. i also wonder how its exhaust not would sound.

I don't think that type of exhaust is really going to work with the Scrambler though. Just doesn't go with the Scrambler style.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You could do the high mount, even a double high mount. I think you could make it work if you really wanted to. Maybe not exactly like you see it above, but with some different parts.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Always loved the double tail under exhaust, such a killer look and around where im located it's not much of a common look.

·
Registered
449 Posts
double undertail is one of the most sought after looks in the industy and only after Ducati did it first. Overkill not so much ;) even GP bikes have undertail piping

·
Registered
889 Posts
It is pretty nice how Ducati was the one who originally did this, it helps to have a bike from a brand like this with some nice industry-first things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts