Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ducati began selling bikes in India back in 2008. Back then, Ducati had a partnership with Precision Motor. Needless to say, it didn't work out that well. now Ducati is getting ready to re-enter the Indian market with its own distribution and service network.

The dealer network is already being constructed and it looks like it should be completed quite soon. Until the new dealer network is completed, Precision Motor will continue to provide customers with service support.

India is the place to be for motorcycle sales. I was surprised Ducati wasn't already more active there to be honest.

·
Registered
889 Posts
with them wanting to enter the indian market and more markets, and even expand more, i think they need to look into making more lower priced mainstream models.

·
Registered
449 Posts
well all depends, are they going to set up indian manufacturing? Otherwise ducatis already high prices are going to be exorbitant in India...

Although this could mean we're going to see Ducati get into sub 500cc bikes. Anything more than 500 is typically undesired in India except by the hyper wealthy.

·
Registered
889 Posts
well all depends, are they going to set up indian manufacturing? Otherwise ducatis already high prices are going to be exorbitant in India...

Although this could mean we're going to see Ducati get into sub 500cc bikes. Anything more than 500 is typically undesired in India except by the hyper wealthy.
Exactly.
Its why I can see them eventually going to the lower CC range even if they will have the highest priced sub 500cc bikes in the market.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I did read a piece yesterday about Ducati and india where they said they want to be like Porsche/Ferrari in India, so maybe we won't be seeing small displacement Ducs anytime soon...

I still would love to see the scrambler with a 250-500cc plant...

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have noticed that their market has been growing, they have more supercars and high end cars than some would think,, So maybe, just maybe the typical high end Duc's we all know will do well their.

·
Registered
54 Posts
well with that being said, the current range of ducati's should be enough for them
either way ducati needs to look into lower CC bikes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts