Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ducati has revealed its sales figures for 2013, and guess what? Records are being broken.

Ducati sales sold 44,287 bikes in 2013. That compares to 44,102 bikes in 2012. It's not a huge increase, but it is an increase. The biggest sales increase have been reported in Asia, where Ducati sold 5,200 bikes, a solid 26 percent increase over the 2012 figures. Europe remains the strongest place for selling Ducati machinery, making up for around 51% of the total bikes sold through 2013.

Do we still think that Ducati should build some lower displacement bikes to increase sales like other brands have been doing?

·
Registered
449 Posts
The difference this year versus last was a couple of high profile launches coming out of Bologna, with the most iconic being the 899 panigale. I don't know if Ducati will be able to replicate the success for '14 with fewer revamps/launches in the cards.

So i don't exactly think its time for Ducati to lay back on their laurels. Theres plenty to be done. For one I'd like to see a naked 899 that could battle the FZ09 and Street Triple. a Low cost Scrambler would be lovely as well ;) But i really don't think ducati needs to or should go below 500cc's...

·
Registered
449 Posts
not a huge increase. considering they released the 1199 and 899 i was expecting more.
well the 899 and 1199 are not exactly low cost bikes.. I mean if they REALLY want volume they need a low cost scooter to sell into Asian markets who are already relatively bonkers for Ducati.

I really dont think Ducati should go too low displacement wise, but what are the options?

·
Registered
889 Posts
A Ducati scooter wouldn't be a bad thing, if they do though it would likely be far different from anything we're familiar with now

·
Registered
315 Posts
A Ducati scooter? I can't really imagine what that would be like. I can see Ducati doing more of a scooter concept that might not even make production rather than a production scooter. Seeing as how Ducati in European though i feel like there is more of a scooter market for them to tap into than with the American market.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Or maybe they can use a sub-brand of theirs if they have one already or create a brand for scooters, that might be the better way to do it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Or maybe they can use a sub-brand of theirs if they have one already or create a brand for scooters, that might be the better way to do it.
I could see that happening more than a Ducati scooter. There is a market for them but I think it is pretty obvious that Ducati isn't interested in moving down market at all and there is only so much money people would be willing to spend on a scooter. A sub brand for scooters and lower displacement bikes might be a good move.

·
Registered
889 Posts
It would. Just like how their are fancy scooters like Vespa's im sure someone will want something from a brand like ducati with that sort of quality and features.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts