Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Ducati Frame Plugs - help needed

20K views 45 replies 13 participants last post by  chilira 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help? Have bought 4 frame plugs from Wolverhampton Ducati. Arrived in the post today. Very excited to fit them in spite of not being very technical. Thought to myself, "what could possibly go wrong?"

Well I've shoved them into the 4 holes and they seem very loose.... in fact so loose I think the moment I go around a corner they'll fall out. No instructions in the box.... So, before I humiliate myself with a phone call to the dealer on Monday I thought I'd ask here.......

#7 ·
Hi - thank you. I can't claim credit for the idea, one of the other lads on the forum has done a similar thing and I decided to copy him. It's been powder coated black and then a Ducati Performance sticker from eBay has been stuck on. Also power coated the chrome heat shield on the upper bit of the exhaust system.

Really easy to do - I'm the least screw driver proficient of guys but even I managed to get the heat shield off the muffler thing; two bits if I remember correctly and 6 or so screws. The upper bit is four screws.....

Cost me £30 for the powder coating and about £8 for the sticker.

I plan to do the tank panels but it's proving tricky to get the logo off. Again one of the other lads on the forum has done it and posted some instructions / method statement to do this.

Hope this helps. If you need anything more let me know :)

#18 ·
Pardon my ignorance but can anyone explain the purpose of Scrambler frame plugs?

Are they only for enhancing the aesthetics or do they serve any other purpose too?

Euro 200 seems a bit steep for these seemingly tiny chunks of metal. :-O

#23 ·
My bike will not have as many mods as I had planned at first. At pick up it will just have Evotech crash bungs and engine guard. Will attach the handlebar brace at home along with stem mount sat nav bolt and then await the R&G paddock stand bobbins, Evotech oil cooler guard and frame plugs. Have some black tank panels I am getting from someone for less then a 3rd of the cost (a generous forum member on other forum) and then I will eventually decide on a new end can and also a small screen if one takes my fancy. Heated grips will get added at first service and after that I do not know what else. So in comparison to some it will look a lil plain but thats ok as it looks lovely as is (exhaust maybe not so lovely) :)

Back to topic here is a link to the frame plugs
Ducati FRAME PLUGS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.