Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

One of the best selling modern Ducati bikes is getting revamped, and we should get to see it break cover on Monday. Information hasn't been confirmed officially, but the info apparently came straight from a Ducati dealer.

The new Ducati Diavel will be an early 2015 model, and should reach dealers in May this year. Most of the updates are aesthetic, but there are a few performance upgrades as well. The Diavel will sport smaller turn signals, more prominent air intakes, a revised headlight and possibly new wheels.

Other changes include a better seat, a new exhaust set-up that looks more like the Termignoni cans.

Not exactly a Scrambler, but its still a pretty cool Ducati.

·
Registered
418 Posts
always liked how this thing LOOKED

but not sure how much fun it is to ride

probably has lots of power but it sure does look dam heavy and TOP heavy for that one.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I like the design of the Diavel. The one thing I would change is the headlight. I think the headlight that they have on there is uninspiring. Its crazy that you can go faster on a Diavel than you can in an Audi R8. That's quite a feat.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I like the design of the Diavel. The one thing I would change is the headlight. I think the headlight that they have on there is uninspiring. Its crazy that you can go faster on a Diavel than you can in an Audi R8. That's quite a feat.
a lot of bikes are like that, able to smoke a lot of fast cars, power to weight ratio on bikes are crazy

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would imagine that bikes would be able to go faster than the fastest cars. Especially in a drag race, I would think that a motorcycle can accelerate much faster than a car based on the weight mostly. I'm sure top speed goes higher on cars though because they can put a bigger engine inside.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I would imagine that bikes would be able to go faster than the fastest cars. Especially in a drag race, I would think that a motorcycle can accelerate much faster than a car based on the weight mostly. I'm sure top speed goes higher on cars though because they can put a bigger engine inside.
Usually off the line is where bikes shine, even in long distance, but when it comes to long distance It depends on the bike.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Its fun to watch videos of high powered cars racing nice bikes. Names like bugatti have so much clout and its nice to see them trail a high powered bike.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Turning is definitely one thing that you can do better on a motorcycle than in a car. When you consider how much lighter a motorcycle is too, it is no wonder that they can beat a super car in a race like this. This video shows the fastest motorcycle on the market vs. the fastest car on the market, which is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Turning is definitely one thing that you can do better on a motorcycle than in a car. When you consider how much lighter a motorcycle is too, it is no wonder that they can beat a super car in a race like this. This video shows the fastest motorcycle on the market vs. the fastest car on the market, which is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.
Some cars have 4 wheel steering, could bikes turn better than those? 4 wheel steering does make a big difference.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts