Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!
I'm considering buying an Icon - set on it at the dealer and liked the feeling. I'm 58, it is my second return to biking, rode many different bikes in the past. Put 3000 miles on Honda Rebel 500 in the past 3 months. I like Rebel a lot - light and easy to maneuver at slow speeds, but could use a little more power. Is Icon easy to handle? Important to me are: light weight, not too high seat, low center of gravity, straight riding position and not aggressive, controllable power. Will I find those in Icon? Please share your experiences

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think you will like the icon. My only complaint is that it surges slightly at low speeds, low RPMs. However its fantastic above 4K rpm. Try to get a later model, at least 2017. They made some improvements to the throttle. They also updated the dash and clutch after 2019.
In any case, I suggest you try to test drive one before buying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just bought one (not arrived yet!) after a test ride. I really liked that it was low and light - very easy to ride. So much lighter than my old F750gd BMW!

2019 on bikes also have improved suspension and seat, so get one of those if you can. I've just bought a demonstrator for a really good price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts