Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, there really isn't much left of the original Monster in this build, but that is how it started out when Max Hazan first began. The wheels, engine and half of the frame were kept -- everything else was custom made.

The rear of the frame was chopped off and replaced with a handmade new on one. Other additions to the bike include the rear mudguard, the spartan foam seat and rear cowl, and the all-new bespoke tank.

Hazan also added TIG-welded custom headers for the carbon exhausts. A Harley-Davidson headlight was fastened to the front of the bike, as well as a steering damper hidden inside the frame.

One of the coolest builds I have ever seen.

·
Registered
281 Posts
That's a really nice build, but i think that there isn't much of a Ducati left in there. It also looks like your legs could get mighty hot from the engine with almost no insulation between your leg and the motor.

I bet the Scrambler will get plenty of awesome builds once it comes out.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Seems like you might as well have built this bike from scratch. I don't see much of a Ducati left in it really. It also doesn't look like it would be very comfortable. More of a show piece than something that you actually would get a lot of use out of.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Seems like you might as well have built this bike from scratch. I don't see much of a Ducati left in it really. It also doesn't look like it would be very comfortable. More of a show piece than something that you actually would get a lot of use out of.
if it wasnt naked i bet you'd say it looks like a real ducati.
at the end of the day, it is a real ducati.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Here is the bike that this build is based off of. I think its safe to say that it looks pretty different from Max Hazan's build, but you can still tell that they are from the same base.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I just love the gold and black color scheme. I think you could get a pretty similar look to this bike with a lot less work. It wouldn't look quite as nice but it would end up looking like the same base idea. Gold and black naked bike.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I just love the gold and black color scheme. I think you could get a pretty similar look to this bike with a lot less work. It wouldn't look quite as nice but it would end up looking like the same base idea. Gold and black naked bike.
Yup, KILLER look:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you think that this bike would be really uncomfortable to ride? With barely any body work on this bike, I imagine that your legs could get pretty hot being near the engine. Not to mention how uncomfortable the seat looks.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think that this bike is more of a show piece than something to actually ride. More art than motorcycle. Nice to look at but not so much to ride. I just figure that if I were to take on a project like this I would want to sacrifice function for style. The best designers should be able to make a bike that is both gorgeous and rideable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts